World Dog Show (World Dog Championship) in 2018
The World Dog Show is the largest dog show held annually. Every year, four-legged participants from more than 60 countries-members of the International Cynological Federation (FCI) come to the Championship to compete for the title of “Best Dog of the World”.
Attempts to organize the International Dog Show were made in the 30s and 50s of the last century, but due to various restrictions it was almost impossible to do so. The first World Exhibition was held in 1971 in Hungary (Budapest). About 3,500 four-legged 165 different breeds took part in it. In 1972, the show took place in Brazil. The official founding date is 1973 and the Championship in Paris. In recent years, the event gathers much more participants, often the figure exceeds 20,000.
The largest number of WDS participants (over 21,000) was registered in 2009, 2011 and 2014. in Slovakia, France and Finland respectively.
Where and when will be held in 2018
The organizer and the country where the World Dog Show will take place are determined at the General Assembly of the International Dog Federation by vote.
Traditionally, the event takes place in the summer, each time in a new state.The 2018 World Cup is scheduled for August 9-12. Venue - Amsterdam (Netherlands).
Program and Awards
The Championship program includes several competitions, which, as a rule, are repeated from year to year, namely:
- Among nurseries. To participate are groups consisting of not less than 3 animals of the same breed, one breed variant in size, color and variety of wool, which have previously participated in this exhibition and have earned at least the rating “Good”.
- Among the manufacturers. In the fight are invited to the manufacturer and at least four of his "children." The main condition is participation in the show and a well-deserved “Good.”
- Among couples. To compete for the title of the winner are entitled to belong to the same owner of the pair, regardless of their gender, but ranked among the same breed variety in size, color and structure of wool and participated in this exhibition.
- Best In Show ("Best in the show"). The most important competition for which WDS come from everywhere. The winner receives the title of "The best dog in the world." Only one of the breeds represented in the Championship is allowed to participate. Judge this stage experts in the field of cynology, selected by the organizers.
The winner in any of the World Dog Show categories is awarded the title "World Champion", as well as the title of champion of the country where the World Dog Show is organized.
In addition to the competitive component, WDS includes expositions of companies producing pet products, food, cosmetics and so on. The event does not do without a concert program, as well as conferences and seminars devoted to cynology issues. Often within the framework of the show, there are also other Championships, for example, obedience, dance with four-legged, flyball, agility and others.
Video: dancing shepherd
How to participate
Virtually everyone dreams of putting their pet on such a solid event. The good news is that the owner of a four-legged representative of any breed known today has the right to apply for participation in the WDS. For this you need to provide:
- The statement, indicating the nickname, date of birth, gender, color and breed, exhibition class, abbreviations and pedigree numbers, stamp or microchip number of the animal. The application also includes the nicknames of the father and mother of the dog, the name of the breeder, the name of the owner, his contact details.
- A copy of the pedigree (in Latin transcription) / puppy card.
- A copy of the receipt of payment of the fee of the participant.
For a pet exhibition in a champion and / or working class, you must additionally submit copies of champion certificates or FCI interchampion certificates and FCI international working certificates.
Pre-registration is required. All participants contribute to the directory. Without relevant information, the animal will not be admitted to WDS 2018.
Cost of participation
The price of participation in the WDS depends on the date of application. Naturally, the earlier, the cheaper. In 2017, the amount ranges from 80 to 120 euros (for adults) and from 40 to 60 euros (for puppies). If two or more dogs belonging to the same owner are registered at the same time, a discount is provided - minus 10 euros, it does not apply to puppies.