Why not get a scooter?
Scooter - quite popular recently in theMeans of transportation. Most often the scooter is driven by young children and students who have not yet accumulated on the car and, as a rule, do not have experience in repairing vehicles, and it is difficult for them to eliminate even the most simple breakdown, and if the scooter suddenly ceases to start, it can generally lead them in a stupor. And in vain, because in some cases to understand why the scooter stalls, it's not so difficult.
Do not start from the button
If the scooter does not start with only a specialthe "Start" button, and with the "kick" (kickstarter) this procedure goes without any problems, then, most likely, the problem lies in the main fuse located in the battery compartment. To check if it is working, you need a multimeter:
- Turn the multimeter to the DC voltage measurement mode.
- Measure the voltage before and after the fuse.
- On the fuse, or should not fall at allvoltage, or its fall should be hundredths of a volt, otherwise the fuse needs to be replaced - it "steals" the voltage starting system and it is not enough for the plant.
The problem can be not only in the fuse,it is possible that the integrity of the connecting conductors is impaired in the engine start circuit. It will be more difficult to deal with such a malfunction, you need to have an electrical circuit of this circuit and at least be able to "read" such schemes. Here you can find the electrical circuit of the scooter connections, which is relevant for most Chinese models.
It does not start with either a button or a kickstarter
This problem, of course, is more serious, howeverif you are trying to get a scooter after the winter, it will probably be solved very simply. The reason that the scooter does not start after a long absence of operation is old gasoline - drain it, fill it with a new one and try to start it now.
If the change of gasoline did not help, check the spark plug - does it give a spark? For this:
- Remove the seat and locate the spark plug cap.
- Pull the cap toward you. Important! Do not try to unscrew the cap - just pull it, otherwise it may damage the wire and cap contact.
- Unscrew the candle. If you notice any defects on the candlestick when removing the candle, then you can say without verification that it is faulty. In addition, the candle may be wet, in this case, before testing, dry it.
- Insert the plug into the cap, lean one of its outer metal edges to the metal part of the engine (away from the fuel tank!), Press the "Start" button and look into the gap where there should be a spark.
We estimate the result:
- The spark is white - the candle is in good order;
- spark blue-green - requires cleaning of the candle or replacement;
- spark is white, but weak - update the contact of the high-voltage wire and the cap of the candle.
If there is no spark, then either the candle is faulty and itsmust be replaced, or the problem lies in the leakage of current - a bare part of the high-voltage wire contacts the metal part of the scooter or moisture (it can accumulate even in the most seemingly hard-to-reach places of the scooter due to driving in puddles).
If the spark plug is OK and the scooter, however, does not start, you will have to change the ignition coil, the ignition sensor and the switch in series. It is likely that one of these parts is faulty.
In the event that all of the above replacementsdid not help, it means that the problem lies not in the ignition system, it is quite possible that the reason for not starting a scooter - a faulty power system - check the fuel tank, fuel cock, gasoline pump, starting enrichment.
If everything is clean, you can still disassemble the carburetor and rinse it, and also check the compression with a special compressometer. And these measures did not help? Well, I'll have to go to the technical center.
Read also our curious article. How to get a scooter.