Why do you want to sleep?
The life of modern people requires greatquantity of energy, forces and time, in time to do a lot of things for the day. Therefore, often we have to sacrifice the basic needs of our body, one of which is a dream. As a result, many people want to sleep in the daytime or even constantly. Why is this happening? Let's understand.
The reasons why you want to sleep
Why do you want to sleep? Everyone knows that for a normal life a person must observe the regime of work and rest. Sleep is the best way of rest, during which the body not only rests completely, but it also recovers, it gathers strength for a new day. And all this takes place according to the biological clock that every person has. After a period of activity (about 15 hours), the body sends us signs that it's time to rest. These signals act as drowsiness, distraction, fatigue, desire to lie down, etc. And this happens every day. A good sleep is necessary for a person for health and normal life. Each person needs his or her specific number of hours. It varies between 4 and 10 hours. 4 hours is the norm only for a small number of people. If you sleep less than 4 hours or more than 10 every day, then you should think about the sleep mode. Sleeping a little as bad as sleeping a lot. Both that, and another - signs of disturbance of work of an organism, signals about possible diseases.
Causes of daytime sleepiness
With night sleep everything is clear, but why do you want to sleep during the day? The reasons can be as follows.
Lack of sleep at night or a sleepless night. The body did not have enough rest at night, so he wants to sleep during the day.
The desire to sleep after a hearty meal is explainedthe fact that the blood from the brain flows to the stomach and to the intestines to ensure normal digestion. The lack of blood in the brain leads to daytime drowsiness. That's why you want to sleep after a meal. What if I want to sleep in this situation? In the afternoon, it's better not to rush to run to work, but give yourself a few minutes of rest.
In rainy weather, daytime sleepiness is associated with a decrease in atmospheric pressure. On such days we get less oxygen and because of this we want to sleep.
Sledging in transport also affects the appearance ofdrowsiness. The fact is that in early childhood parents often rock the children before bed. The brain unconsciously stores this information, and at similar moments reminds us of this. You are traveling on the bus, you are slightly crouched, next to people in the same poses, but if the sun is also hot ... No wonder why many are sleepy!
Lack of vitamins can also cause daytime sleepiness.
I often want to sleep for those who flywith the change of time zone. The body needs 2-3 days to adjust to the daily time of the new place. And while he lives in the old days - he wants to sleep when the night fell in the last place.
A stuffy room is another reason for daytime sleepiness. This is due to a lack of oxygen. Often ventilate at home and in the office, and the desire to sleep will disappear.
Winter is also a good reason for wanting to sleep. The amount of light decreases, the day becomes shorter, the night is longer, the rooms are warm. All this often leads to sleep.
The use of certain medicines causes the desire to sleep during the day.
Alcoholism, drug addiction and other addictions are another reason why you want to sleep.
If you want to sleep constantly
But there are other, more serious situations associated with sleep. Why always and always want to sleep?
- Very busy schedule. If you work a lot and intensively during the day without rest breaks, then you quickly accumulate fatigue. If this happens from day to day, then chronic fatigue occurs, so the body always wants to sleep.
- Irregular mode of the day. If you sleep a day in two or allow yourself to sleep every day a different amount of time, then soon there will be an imbalance in the body. Since there is no regime, the body is quickly tired, and I want to sleep more and more often. Often this happens in people working in different shifts.
- Increased fatigue. There are people who have it since childhood. In this case, it is necessary to consult a specialist who prescribes the necessary medications and prescribes a course of treatment.
- The constant lack of sleep at night also makes you often "nod" all day.
- Diseases of somatic, neurological and psychic spheres (for example, anemia, hormonal imbalance, auto-allergic diseases, depression, stress, etc.). All of them require medical treatment.
- Dependence on age. Small children under 7 years old and elderly people want to sleep more often. This is due to the peculiarities of the organism at their age and is quite normal.
Now you know why you always want to sleep. Remember that the quality and quantity of sleep has a big impact on health in general. Therefore, it is so important to have a healthy and full sleep. If you have any problems with this, try to identify and eliminate the cause. And in especially serious cases it is better to see a doctor.