What is the danger of high and low pressure during pregnancy? Signs and causes of high and low pressure in late periods and methods for its normalization
Pregnancy is a special condition of the female body. Very often during this period problems arise where they have never been. For example, with blood pressure indicators, which speaks about the general condition of a woman.
The main thing in the article
Pregnancy pressure: normal and abnormalities
120/80 is considered to be a normal indicator of pressure, but it has long been known to everyone that not everyone has this pressure. Therefore, the norm is the pressure at which you feel great.Often this indicator is called “worker” when a person is efficient and does not feel any discomfort. In most cases, everyone knows their normal pressure. But, if you do not possess such information, then you should measure your pressure every day or at least once a week, comparing it with your well-being. Then you can say exactly what is normal for you.
For some, the normal pressure is 130/90, while for others it is a deviation, and people with this blood pressure indicator cannot even get out of bed!
As for pregnant women, there is no exact indicator for determining the norm, but there is a framework:from 90/60 to 140/90. All that is outside this range is considered a deviation and says that you need to change something in your daily routine or look for another reason.
What are the dangerous pressure jumps during pregnancy?
There are cases when during pregnancy the pressure is constantly changing: in the morning - reduced, in the afternoon - increased, and in the evening it drops again, and somewhere in these intervals the norm flashes. This behavior of arterial pressure is called spasmodic.
The reason may be increased physical exertion, constant stress, abnormalities in the process of pregnancy or offensive heredity.
Constant pressure drops are very dangerous both for the child’s life and for the mother’s health. This condition can lead to hypoxia and loss of pregnancy, and for a woman - to stroke.
A pregnant woman with spasmodic pressure should be hospitalized and treated in the hospital, following all the recommendations of doctors: a strict diet, drinking control, taking vitamins and other supporting drugs.
Low blood pressure during pregnancy: how is it manifested?
Blood pressure may decrease during pregnancy for various reasons, therefore, with this problem, it is better to immediately consult a doctor and monitor his indicator every day.
Symptoms of low blood pressure
- Darkening of the eyes, especially in the morning after waking up.
- Loss of orientation in space.
- The appearance of a dull, aching headache.
- The emergence of nausea, vomiting is possible.
- Weakness, malaise.
- Feeling of lack of oxygen, in small rooms - attacks, possible fainting.
- Heart palpitations, a clear feeling of pulsation.
How to raise the pressure in a pregnant woman?
If the pressure deviates from the “norm” mark significantly, then a consultation with a doctor is necessary.Only a leading gynecologist can prescribe treatment.
If you have an insignificant deviation, but you still feel it, then you should reconsider your daily routine: do you sleep enough, how much are in the fresh air, do you not overwork, and also what do you eat.
- A pregnant woman should sleep at least 8 hours a day, and go to bed no later than 22.30 hours.
- The day should begin with a small charge in order to give your body a wake up.
- During the day you should alternate work and rest. If you stood in the kitchen for 3 hours, then you need to rest for an hour, and not run, head off, clean up or wash.
- Rest can be combined with a walk in the park.
- The last serious meal should pass no later than 19.00. Later, you still want to eat, baked apple or other fruits will do.
What foods help restore normal blood pressure?
- Carrot.You can grate, add sugar and mix with 1 hl of olive oil - so the carrot will be better absorbed.
- Liver.Basically - beef.
- Lemon. Not everyone can eat a lemon without anything, so you can put it in green tea, which also helps to normalize the pressure.
- Black currant.If you have a problem in winter or spring, when it is not so easy to find black currants, you can buy currant jam, but it is not recommended to lean too much.
- Buttershould be added to cereals, for example, in oatmeal with milk - it is both tasty and healthy!
- Juice. It is rather difficult to find natural juice, but everyone can cook the compote of fresh or fresh-frozen fruit. Dried fruit compote will also work.
- Coffee. On the admission of weak coffee still need to consult with your doctor, as this drink not only raises the pressure, but also affects many important processes in the body.
Low pregnancy pressure
Low blood pressure - hypotension - in most cases goes unnoticed, if the deviations are small, and does not cause any harm. But when it comes to a sharp drop in pressure, you still need to worry.
What can beeffects of low pressure?
- Toxicosis, often early.
- Persistent feeling unwell, which can lead to a depressive state.
Low pressure in some cases can only be a consequence or symptom of a developing ailment, such as gastritis or stomach ulcers.In this case, it makes no sense to fight, if you do not calculate and remove the cause of its occurrence.
Increased pressure during pregnancy: signs and symptoms
With the onset of pregnancy, it is better to get a tonometer to regularly measure your pressure and be aware of its changes.
But if you do not have this device, then you will be able to recognize the increased pressure according to your well-being:
- Weakness, accompanied by dizziness.
- Migraine combined with tinnitus.
- You can be hot.
- Red cheeks.
- Bright blinking spots in the eyes.
- Severity and pain in the abdomen.
- Unexplained nausea and vomiting.
- Nose bleed.
- Heaviness in the legs.
Causes of high blood pressure during pregnancy
Almost all women in the second half of pregnancy, there is an increase in blood pressure. This is normal, as the child grows and the mother's body works for two. In this case, the main thing is to make sure that everything goes within the normal range for pregnant women. A gynecologist will help with this.
What factors influence the increase in pressure?
- Diseases(kidneys, vessels, adrenal glands, etc.). In this case, it is necessary to eliminate the cause of high pressure first.
- Stressful situations. Constantly being in a state of stress does not pass without a trace, causing a sharp increase in blood pressure.
- If before the pregnancy the woman hadpressure problemsthen they will manifest during pregnancy. To this you need to be ready, and with the beginning of pregnancy to take action.
- Side effects of medications. Reception of such drugs should be stopped and replaced by other doctors on the advice of a doctor.
- Smoking. If the pregnant woman smokes or lives with a smoker. The pressure rises from the constant presence in smoky rooms.
- Products. Coffee, strong sweet tea, dark chocolate - all these products should be excluded or consumed only in the minimum amount.
High blood pressure during pregnancy: what is the danger?
High blood pressure is especially dangerous for a child. Most doctors fear the emergence of preeclampsia, which can lead to delayed fetal development or the death of the child, as well as to the emergence of huge problems with the health of the mother.
High pressure may indicate eclampsia - rejection by the mother of the child’s body, which also has a sad conclusion - fetal death.One way or another, but high pressure is very dangerous both for the child and for the mother, therefore it is impossible to dismiss this problem.
How to reduce the pressure during pregnancy with folk remedies?
Since during pregnancy, not all drugs can be taken, and in general the intake of medicines is undesirable, it is better to ask for help from popular recipes for lowering blood pressure.
- Cranberry Honey. Grind cranberries thoroughly (for example in a blender) and combine the mass with honey 1: 1. Keep therapeutic sweetness needed in a jar in the fridge and eat a teaspoon twice a day.
- Kalina in any form(fresh, ground with sugar, ground with honey, in the form of infusion, etc.). This berry has a lot of amazing properties, including normalizes pressure.
- Dill Seeds. Pour a tablespoon of 250 ml of boiling water and insist a couple of hours, then drink a little (1/2 cup) up to 5 times a day. You should not brew much at once, it is better to prepare a fresh infusion each time.
- Walnut with honey. Take nut grains and mix with honey in the ratio 2: 1. Eat 150 g per day for three doses.
- Mustard plaster on shoulders, calves and neck. Surprisingly, it reduces the pressure.
- Milk + garlic.In a warm milk, add a couple of cloves of chopped garlic - and save from pressure and help from insomnia.
- Manipulations with ears - self-massage. Knead the lobes and pull it down, then grasp the auricle and pull it up, the middle part back. Repeat 15 times. You will immediately feel the flow of blood and pleasant warmth.
Late pregnancy pressure
In late pregnancy, there is a slight increase in pressure, but this figure should be within normal limits. If you feel bad or know that the pressure has increased significantly, then it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor.
High late pressure causes oxygen starvation of the fetus. Moreover, it gradually destroys both the mother’s blood vessels and the fetus’s placenta. This condition can cause complications during childbirth or premature birth.
High pressure in late periods may indicate preeclampsia - a pathological condition in which fluid is not excreted from the body, therefore, edema appears and a high content of protein in urine is detected.
Pills for pregnancy pressure
Any treatment, including with reduced pressure, should be prescribed exclusively by a doctor!
Drugs that can be taken pregnant:
And some more. All of these drugs, in addition to effects on blood pressure, have additional properties. The doctor will prescribe medications for you, based on the characteristics of your body condition. That is why it is important not to decide which medication to take, but to consult a doctor so as not to lower the pressure, do more damage to yourself and the child.