What is the coefficient?
The term coefficient is used in geometry, physics, chemistry, statistics and even medicine. What is the coefficient? This is a numerical factor multiplied by a variable.
The coefficient is also called the relative value that determines the properties of different processes or devices.
What is the coefficient in different industries?
The concept of "coefficient" has found wide application in many spheres of life
- angular coefficient - a concept from analytic geometry, one of the parameters characterizing the position of a straight line on the Cartesian coordinate plane;
- coefficient of thermal conductivity - a value reflecting the ability of a material to conduct heat energy;
- coefficient of friction - the value of the force that must be applied to slip two objects on the surface of each other;
- the coefficient of atherogenicity is a medical term, an indicator of the risk of developing atherosclerosis;
- liquidity ratio - a financial concept that characterizes the ratio of the assets of the enterprise to its debt obligations;
- correlation coefficient - a number expressing the relationship between two or more random variables;
- coefficient of intelligence (IQ) - an indicator of mental development, the ability to think and perceive what is happening;
- coefficient of efficiency (EFFICIENCY) - a concept that reflects the efficiency of the system in relation to the energy it uses;
- the UEFA coefficient is an indicator of the qualification level of the game of all football clubs of a country.