What is protein?
The word protein in most people, far from serious sports, is comparable to any kind of harmful chemical additives. In fact, protein (from English protein) means protein.
Protein is an organic compound consisting of amino acids.
Protein is divided into:
- high-grade - meat, chicken, fish, dairy products, eggs. It is called full-fledged because it contains the optimal set of amino acids for the human body;
- defective - beans, peas, soy. Defective is called because it contains not a complete set of essential amino acids.
It follows that every person every dayuses protein of animal or vegetable origin. But people seriously engaged in any sport, in addition use sports supplements, including proteins, because they do not get the necessary norm from a full meal. In this context, the protein is a powder concentrate with a high quality protein content.
Protein as a sports supplement is divided into the following categories:
- Whey Protein
- concentrate. One way to filter the protein; concentration of pure protein from 30 to 80%;
- isolate. Cleaner concentrate - 95%;
- hydrolyzate. The faster the other is digested and has the maximum nutritional value;
- Casein protein. Complex protein.
- Soy protein. Vegetable source of protein.