What is a verb?
At school, every child learns Russian. What is a verb is one of the topics that must be learned in an elementary school. A verb is an independent part of speech, denoting an action or state. The following questions are asked: what to do? what to do? what is he doing? What will he do? what will he do? What did you do? and others. This action (to run), the state (to lie down, to be sad), the relation (to have, to belong). That's what a verb is.
Categories of the verb
- type (imperfect and perfect);
- pledge. Compare: the corrector corrects errors (valid voice) - mistakes are corrected by the proofreader (passive voice, this is also indicated by postfix -sya);
- repetition (the reflexive verbs have postfixes -ya, -s): dressed, dressed. Thus, verbs are recurrent and irrevocable;
- time (past, present, future);
- person (the verb must be present or future tense, the mood is indicative). Also, the category of the person has the forms of imperative mood: write, write dictation, let darkness disappear;
- number (single, plural);
- genus (in the subjunctive mood and in the past tense): male, female, middle.
- I'm dreaming, dreaming, dreaming.
- Subjunctive: I would choose, I did not do it. B.
- Imperative: do not wake, let's read, let's go, go-ka-ka.
Category of the species
- An imperfect look (what to do? What does he do?): Draw, paint, draw.
- The perfect look (what to do? What will he do? What he did?): Draw, draw, draw.
Some verbs do not have paired forms of imperfect and perfect kind:
- to belong (only an imperfect kind);
- find yourself, strike (only a perfect view).
It happens that the verbs combine the meaning of both kinds. These are two-species verbs (wound, promise, order).
Transitive and intransitive verbs
It is necessary to understand what a transitive verb is. This verb is combined with a noun, a numeral or a pronoun without a preposition in the accusative case.
With a transitive verb, the complement can stand without a preposition in the genitive:
- with a negative particle "no" before the transitive verb: did not buy bread, do not drink milk;
- if the action goes only to part of the subject: drank water (all the liquid mentioned in the context) - drank water (not all, only part of the liquid).
All other verbs that do not meet these requirements. are intransitive. Example: to engage in (what?) Sport, to refuse (from what?) From money.
And now about what is the verb form:
- undefined (initial form, infinitive): what to do? what to do? Examples: read, count, solve, talk.
- conjugated forms (the verb varies by persons,times, inclinations, numbers, pledges). A non-permanent sign is the genus. Verbs have a genus in the singular of the past tense of indicative and conditional mood.
- participles and gerunds.
Conjugations of verbs
Conjugate the verbs of the present and the future of the simpletime by persons and numbers. There are I and II conjugations, including exceptions. How to define the conjugation and write the corresponding ending, these tables and notes will prompt.
Here is a brief summary of how the Russian language determines what a verb is, its categories and forms.