What do the names of the boys mean?
In the old days, the child's name was usually given on the 8th dayafter his birth or on the 40th, when they were baptized. The child was named in honor of the saint, whose memory day fell on one of these dates.
We suggest looking for names that correspond to different months of the year, as well as find out what the names of boys mean.
Popular male names
- Alexander (with the Greek "defender of people"). In adolescence, often refuses to follow the rules, go for authority. In mature - requires excellence, recognition of talents. It will be successful in everything if it demonstrates purposefulness and endurance. The priests celebrate in all months.
- Alex (with the Greek "defender"). Balanced, diligent. Friendly, creative, faithful. The priests in all months except January.
- Andrew (with the Greek "manly"). Discerning, with good restraint, successful in business, obligatory. Canny. Proud. Do not know how to lose. The priests in all the months.
- Anton (with the Greek "coming into battle"). Excellent intuition and analytical skills, memory. Often insecure. Very sociable, but the feelings are holding deep inside. The priests in all the months.
- Arseny (from the Greek "mature"). Emotional, addicted, versatile, responsible. Not very collected. He is poorly versed in people. The pilgrims in February, March, June, July, September, November, December. Dates birthday a little.
- Artem (with the Greek "healthy"). Independent, honest, does not accept meanness and brute force. Loves reading a lot. He appreciates freedom. The priests in January, April, May, July, November.
- Victor (with the Latin "winner"). Fascinated, can rush into the pool with his head. Witty, sociable, likes to work in a team. Hates routine. Patient. The priests in all months except July.
- Vladimir (Slavic "ruler of the world"). Strong, purposeful, able to control himself. The work is very productive. An excellent friend. She respects women very much. The priests in all months except May.
- George (with the Greek "landowner"). Tactful, courteous, the soul of the company. The environment is chosen from talented, intelligent people. Enterprising, with good self-esteem. Innovator. Does not like routine. The priests in all the months.
- Gleb (Slavic "heir of God"). Has a sober view of things, a solid character. He is able to think broad. Reliable, responsible, talented manager. The priests in May, July, August and September.
- Daniel (the Jewish "God's judge"). Thinker. Kind and calm, good-natured and fair. It is located to art and philosophy. Reliable and faithful. The priests in January, February, March, April, July, September, October, December.
- Denis (with the Greek "dedicated to Dionysus"). Open, energetic, inquisitive. When necessary - cunning. With good intuition. A great organizer. In a relationship windy. The priests in January, March, May, June, July, August, October, November.
- Dmitry (with the Greek "dedicated to Demeter"). Persistent, creative. It is easy to contact, sociable. Demanding. In love, impermanent. The priests in all the months.
- Eugene (with the Greek "noble"). Careerist. Ambitious, knows how to make useful acquaintances and use them. Restless, does not tolerate routine, but hardworking. In love, often changes partners. The priests in all months except April, May, June and July.
- Egor (with the Greek "farmer"). Capable of learning, compulsory and principled. Stubborn and incredulous, quick-tempered. Has excellent business qualities, knows how to solve problems. The pilgrims in February, March, May and June.
- Ivan (Slavic "given by God"). Incredibly versatile, addicted. Loves the novelty. Simple, yet smart. Kind and sympathetic. The priests in all the months.
- Ilya (the Jewish "my God is Jehovah"). Business, good organizer, economic. Has "golden hands". Noble and responsible, very direct. The priests in all months except May, June, July and October.
- Cyril (with the Greek "lord"). Ambitious, ambitious. Strives for power and wealth. In relationships with others, he is looking for a profit. In love, faithful, jealous. The priests in all months except August.
- Constantine (from Latin "permanent"). Very attached to relatives. Honest, conscientious. New acquaintances are having a hard time. Monogamous. Has a propensity for fine arts, poetry. The priests in all months, except April and May.
- Maxim (from Latin "the greatest"). Independent, decisive. Stubborn and assertive, if necessary. Good friend. Do not be afraid of loneliness. Loving relationships will be difficult, but in the end the family is waiting for a complete idyll. The priests in all the months.
- Michael (the Jewish "who as God?"). Neat and disciplined. Has the ability to sports, competitive games. Rational, flexible, quickly oriented. Sincere and true. The priests in all the months.
- Nikita (with the Greek "winner"). A leader who knows his own worth. The only authority is the father. Can make a good career if it is purposeful and collected. Women are very successful. The priests in all months except March, August and December.
- Nikolai (with the Greek "winner of the people"). Independent, stubborn, good analyst. Learns quickly. Hidden (this often hinders him in love, marriage), non-conflict. He has all his opinions. The priests in all the months.
- Pavel (from Latin "small"). A realist, resourceful and determined, businesslike. He does not tolerate fuss. Responsive and friendly. The priests in all months, except April.
- The novel (Latin "Roman"). Sociable, full of interesting ideas, eloquent, with a developed intellect. Independent, does as he sees fit. Can be cool and calculating. Impatient. The priests in all months except April, June, July and November.
- Sergei (from lat. "Guard"). Restrained, obligatory, organized. With a rich inner world, touchy. Is able to find an approach to people. The priests in all the months.
- Timothy (with the Greek "God-fearing"). Quiet, persistent, closed. Everything is planned. Sometimes emotionally. Wife chooses with all responsibility. The priests in all months except April, August, October and November.