We are preparing for the examination: how to pass a stool test
Before we tell you how to pass a feces analysis,tell you about why he (analysis) is generally needed. The fact is that during this analysis, look at the appearance of the stool, as well as the results of its chemical and microscopic studies. More about this - in our article.
Why is it needed?
This analysis is taken solely todetermine the degree of functioning of certain organs of the gastrointestinal tract and liver, as well as for the timely detection of potential internal bleeding and the presence of parasites.
With this method of research, doctorsdiagnose these or other inflammatory or ulcerative diseases of the digestive system, check the normal functioning of the liver and pancreas, as well as pay attention to the composition of the intestinal microflora.
How to properly pass a stool test
You probably think that there are somea certain methodology and preparation for this analysis? No, friends! No special preparation, how to pass the analysis of feces, does not exist. The only exception is research aimed at testing the degree of digestion of food. These are special situations. In this case, a special diet is prescribed for the patient before taking a stool test. For example, if research is conducted on occult blood, then a person needs to exclude from the diet any meat, green vegetables and fish. So, let's look at the commonly accepted procedure for collecting stool.
General procedure for how to pass a stool test
- Prepare a sterile container (or matchbox).
- In advance, take care of emptying your bladder. This must be done so that a certain quantity of urine does not get into the feces when you are pushing.
- Disinfect before defecation begins(pour steep boiling water) suitable dishes for this. If you are going to pound into the toilet, and then a match to take the feces from there, then disinfect the toilet and match.
- Usually requires 10 ml of stool. In translation into Russian, these figures mean 2 teaspoons. Collect the required amount of feces in a sterile container or in a matchbox, close the lid tightly and deliver it to the laboratory. Do not forget to give your direction, otherwise you will be concerned not only with how to pass the stool analysis again, but also lose a lot of time for getting one more direction.
If the study is focused on hiddenbleeding, the doctors, by examining our excrement, look for and determine the presence of any damage to the internal organs. In addition, there is a delivery of feces for dysbiosis.
Analysis of stool for dysbiosis
Here is a list of the basic requirements for the analysis of feces for dysbiosis:
- To collect feces it is necessary before the beginning of medicamental treatment (reception of medical products);
- Only fresh feces are examined, which was collected no later than 3 hours before its study;
- collection of excrement should be made in the most sterile conditions, otherwise the results of the analysis will be distorted.