Sweet cherry jam: Top 7 delicious recipes for the winter
Hello dear guests and lovers of home-made!
If you are still in search of something unusual and tasty, then this note is sure to be useful to you. Because today we are going to make sweet cherry jam for winter storage. And consider the most simple and delicious recipes with and without a bone.
Choosing any option, all the same, you should first of all take only the most fleshy and ripe fruits and so that they are free from damage and mold. But what delicacy of them to cook, think for yourself. Let's get acquainted today with only the most popular and new recipes.
Therefore, if you are still in search and doom, and is it possible to make jam from such berries, then I answer unequivocally: “Yes, unconditionally.”
Something like this sweetness is reminiscent of cherry jam, and many say that sweet cherry is even one of the varieties of cherry. But all the same there are many differences. The main thing is that the final result is very tasty and beautiful, that you will agree that it is important.To achieve this you need to know a lot of secrets and nuances. In this and we will understand in some detail.
This fragrant dessert, especially with rich color, will surely appeal not only to adults, but also to boys and girls. Imagine, because then you can add such jam to yoghurt or, for example, make milk shakes from it. I often lubricate such treats and biscuits and biscuits.
And you know that the most interesting, because you can take different varieties of this wonderful berries, and they will have completely different colors. For example, yellow, white, orange, and brown-red more familiar to our region. And then you get a whole kaleidoscope of tastes.
How to cook cherry jam with pits - a delicious recipe for the winter
We start immediately with my very favorite varietika, which my grandmother knew. The consistency is obtained from such a thick jam, and the berries are cooked in its own juice. And due to the pits it has a peculiar taste. Its color is amazing, as if it were amber, but at the same time the syrup is made transparent.
Perhaps it will even seem to someone that it is similar to honey, well, again, everything depends on the sort of cherry berries.
Attention! The recipe is also universal, you can cook a delicacy from any other berries, such as cherries or apricots.
If you ask what the taste of this dessert is, then I will answer this way: “Gentle and sweet, slightly sour, maybe even have a little bitterness. But in any case - it is delicious!
We will need:
- Sweet cherry (cherry) - 500 g
- Sugar - 500 g
- Water - 50 ml
- Cinnamon, vanilla, cherry leaves - optional
- Citric Acid - Pinch
1. Rinse the jars with baking soda, or use another method of sterilization, for example over steam or in the microwave.
2. Then put the berries in a bowl and place the second one next to each other. In order to be able to sort it and remove all unnecessary leaves and sticks. If you suddenly meet on the way crumpled or skukozhennye cherries, then throw them in a bucket.
Then soak the berry in salt water, determine how much salt to put, but the liquid should not be too salty, lightly. Let stand in this state for about 1 hour.
On a note! This soaking will help kill all the pathogens.
After that, drain the water and shake the cherry in a colander so that the excess moisture disappears.
Now do these actions. Take a needle or you can take a wooden stick with a sharp end (toothpick) and pierce each copy.
It is this action that will help the sweet cherry not to shrivel when boiling, but to remain precisely beautiful and bulk whole berries. Especially, if they are your choice and very large.
3. Now decide on the ratio of sugar, usually calculating 1 to 1. But, if the berry is quite sweet, you can put a little less, for example, not 500 g, but 400 g, and vice versa, more if acidic.
In a saucepan with a thick bottom, preferably made of stainless steel, place the sugar and pour in water. Stir and simmer on fire until boiling. As you see the first bubbles, then cook for a maximum of 1-2 minutes so that the grains are finally dissolved in the syrup.
4. After that, as you might have guessed, add sweet cherries to the sweet sugar syrup. Wait for the moment to boil. And then proceed, improve the taste - make vanilla, cinnamon, sprig, and you can even take mint leaves or cherries.
5. After a while the skin appears, it is easily removed with a slotted spoon. If it is not removed, then the jam will become cloudy and not attractive, transparency, then you will definitely not achieve it.
How long does it need to cook? Everything is simple, if you like it thinner, then about 30 minutes, if it is thicker, then bring the time up to one hour. Here what your preferences.
But, remember that the syrup should be hardened, and if you drop it on the dish, the droplet should not spread. And another indicator that the jam is ready, so it is such that a lot of mass will stick to the walls.
6. Place the delicacy immediately in a hot, cold form, put into jars and screw on with a special seaming machine under the iron lid. Then turn it upside down and wrap it up at night with a towel or something warmer, such as a fur coat. Keep strictly in a cool place, and that the sun's rays do not touch it.
Sweet cherry jam with whole berries for the winter - Five minute recipe
Like to cook in your kitchen delicacies that are rich in vitamins? It is in their sweet cherry how many, many, straight fount. And so that when cooking, they are lost much less than in the traditional classic version, try to make a recipe that has become in great demand among the Russians.
This is because it is really simple, and it takes quite a bit of time to implement it, but about 5 minutes, but several times.
Just do not forget to take sterile jars and lids, and also do not forget to handle the ladle.
I almost forgot about it at all, maybe for someone it is very important, but these berries are low-calorie. Therefore, you can eat, as my husband says to the heap. Here are just the jam, only the most ripe and juicy fruits, and also too early varieties are not suitable for preservation, take it later. Remember this!
We will need:
- sweet cherry (cherry) - 1 kg
- sugar - 1 kg
- vanilla - sachet (12 g)
- Citric Acid - Sachet (12 g)
1. Select only the largest and fleshy fruits, then scald them with boiling water. After this procedure, let the liquid completely drain, add sugar. Stir and without waiting until the cherry gives juice immediately put the container on fire.
2. Boil will not have long, but as much as 5 minutes, imagine. How fast it turns out. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
Then put it on the stove again and boil again for 5 minutes after boiling, this will be the second run. Allow to cool again, and in the third run add citric acid and boil again (cooking time is the same).
Wow Citric acid will help the ready-made dessert not to be sugared during storage.
3. Well, and then, as usual, pour everything into sterile cans and seal the cap under the lid. Tilt the jar and wrap in a blanket. After cooling down, store in a cool place.
A simple recipe for cherry jam without sterilization
Probably many adults often recall this taste, it resembles childhood, and therefore mother. So, why not come back to those happy moments. And this fragrance will drive you really crazy when you start to act quickly.
One important point - preferably take the berries for such a treat, picked on the first day so that they could not sour, and the result pleased you.
And remember that with such blanks any tea drinking will go off with a bang, because they can smear the top of the cake, or put them in the filling, when you make curd casserole.
Thick jam from pitted cherries
Homemade jam is always better than purchased. No one will ever argue with that. Of course, a sweet cherry delicacy will not save you from cold or flu, as it is possible if you eat raspberry. But, but this berry is also rich in vitamins of group B, P and C, as well as trace elements, potassium, magnesium, etc.
Therefore, it turns out that if we use this miracle, then we will improve our health and improve the condition of the skin, nails and hair. And how kids will be happy, that's for sure!
This time it will be necessary to work a bit, because you will need to extract a bone from each berry. For many, this work will seem problematic, but in fact it is not so difficult. After all, now there are special devices, or you can take the usual improvised means. In more detail, if you wish and who does not know, you can watch this movie from YouTube channel right now.
We will need:
- Ripe sweet cherry - 2 kg
- Sugar - 2 kg
- Citric Acid - Pinch
1. Start work with the usual actions, select only the selected fruits, without damage and myatin. Remove tails and leaves.
2. Place, as in the first embodiment, in a saline solution to nail all harmful microorganisms.
3. Then place each piece in a bone remover or use folk methods. You can adjust the usual pin or hairpin and even a wooden stick.
4. Now measure how many grams of sweet cherry you have, use scales. Take as much sugar.It turns out that the proportions go standard one to one.
5. Now pour the sugar over the layers and leave to stand for one night or 7-8 hours.
6. So, one night passed and now you need to bring this mixture to a boil, turn on the stove and cook over medium heat. Time can be adjusted most, it will depend on the density, that is, what consistency you want to achieve (from 5 to 40 minutes). Before shutting, make a lemon and stir. Cool, it should take 4.5 hours.
But, remember that after cooling, it will become even more dense.
Repeat the preparation described 3-4 times. That is, boil again, cool and so on.
Then, as usual, take the washed jars and sterilize them over the steam. Wipe dry with a clean towel and pour the finished jam without pits into a glass container. Put on a blanket and wait for cooling.
7. This golden delicacy will help you grease pancakes or water pancakes. How do you like this idea?
Cherry jam with gelatin for winter
Well, of course, without confiture, or how else they say jam, well, can not do. After all, this culinary masterpiece is also worthy and the secret of cooking it is simple.You need to make a special ingredient, such as jelfix, you can take pectin or agar-agar. But, I would like to introduce you to the most popular type, namely, to show a video clip, in which cherries and gelatin are taken as a basis.
And so the jam turns thick, and even perfectly keeps its shape in a spoon. It is absorbed instantly, it is worth trying.
The recipe for jam with a bone in Azerbaijani
A bit complicated option, because it is with nuts, namely, walnuts are taken. In each berry will have to put a piece of nut, but how you see right now.
It may seem to be a fuss, but it's worth it! Unreal, but it's a bomb and a hit this season. This is how this dish is prepared in Azerbaijan.
We will need:
- white sweet cherry - 1 kg
- granulated sugar - 1 kg
- rose water or plain - 0.5 tbsp.
- cardamom - 2 boxes
- walnuts - handful
1. Take walnuts, you can use almonds.
2. Clean them from the skin, it is necessary so that during the cooking process the jam does not dim, but remains light and transparent. To do this, first pour boiling water over nuts for 18 minutes. It is after such a procedure that the rind will easily come off if you pick it up with a thin, sharp knife. Do not forget to drain the water.
If the nuts are small, then do not do anything with them, and if the nuts are large, break them into several halves.
3. Next, in any way you are accustomed to, pick up a bone and remove it from the cherry. You need to try not to rip off the entire skin of the berry, but just scoop up and remove the bone. Fruits, pre-scald with boiling water and cool to kill germs.
Then insert a nut into the resulting hole. This great work needs to be done with all the berries.
4. Now came the turn of cooking. Pour water into the pot and add sugar and stir.
5. Bring to a boil to get a real sugar syrup. As soon as the grains of sand are dissolved, immediately add berries with nuts. Simmer for 5-10 minutes over low heat.
Then move it off the stove and allow the mass to cool completely. After 8 hours, repeat the work, bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Before turning off, add cardamom, mix.
6. Pour into clean cans and close under the lid. Turn and wrap in a blanket to cool. It turns out that the jam is amber in color, the taste is exquisite, and the impression is that it has a honey texture that gives new impressions. Bon Appetit!
How to cook jam with cherry and lemon
Yeah, tell me the original? But no, you know what lemon is used for? The first, for a little sourness, though it’s enough. A drop of lemon juice contains a large amount of pectin, which means that the consistency of the jam will become thick and viscous, that is, thickened before your eyes.
In general, you just like it and you want to do such a billet for winter storage. Try, experiment and unsubscribe below in the comments. Reading your feedback is a pleasure. Share your opinions and recommendations, let's share experiences together!
Look carefully at the list, you will probably be surprised, because the proportions are taken slightly different (1 to 2), because of this, that the sweetest variety is used.
We will need:
- sugar - 2 kg
- red cherry - 1 kg
- lemon - 1 pc.
1. Prepare everything you need to work. Wash all the fruit. If you wish, you can remove the bones from the cherry, but do it carefully so as not to disturb the berries.
2. Pour further sugar and put the pan on the stove, turn on the heat on the middle. Bring to a boil and when the first bubbles go, stir and lower the heat. Boil for five minutes. If necessary, remove the foam.Cool, it should take 4-5 hours. Repeat all the steps in a circle exactly 3 times (cook, cool).
At the end, before the third shutdown, add freshly squeezed lemon juice. This will give a rich and bright color.
3. Well, then transfer the hot stuffed treat to sterile jars and seal under the screw caps. Turn the lids down and wrap in a towel. Next, put in the refrigerator or cellar. Bon Appetit!
Cherry in Chocolate Jam
Honestly, with this option, I met only this year. and it immediately won me over. By the way, the sweet cherry can be replaced with a cherry, it also comes out nicely!
Can you imagine what a gorgeous dessert it is, but such a simple one - lick your fingers. Straight truly royal. I hope that such a miracle will become your favorite and you will not even once prepare such a blank.
We will need:
- sweet cherry or pitted cherries - 1 kg
- dark chocolate - 1 tile = 100 g
- sugar - 0.4 kg
- water or apple juice - 40 ml
- vanilla extract - 0.5 tbsp.
1. Wash all the berries well and prepare the pan for work. Pour into non-granulated sugar and some water or juice. And also vanilla extract. Stir.And bring the mass to a boil as soon as the syrup begins to boil with a gentle motion, add the sweet cherry.
Due to the fact that the syrup hot berries will start to let their juice. And again bring the jam to a boil, if foam appears, remove it from the surface with a spoon. Boil for 1-2 minutes, then turn off and cool, let it brew.
2. In the meantime, get some chocolate. Break into pieces. And then turn on the stove again and boil the cherry jam, simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
To pieces of chocolate, pour a little syrup from the pan, where the berries are cooked. This will help melt the chocolate faster.
3. As soon as this happens, add immediately to the pan and stir, boil for 1-2 minutes.
4. And then immediately hot lay out on dry clean cans, cover with lids. You can store for a long time in a cool room. Bon Appetit!
On this all my friends. The note turned out to be small, but at the same time, all the recipes are diverse and deserve attention. Eat cherry jam on health and be healthy!
All the best and see you soon. Just a little and we'll see you again.