Planting petunias for seedlings in 2019
Seedlings of petunias, perhaps the first to appear on the shelves of garden flowers. They like to plant this fragrant flower in flowerbeds and decorate it with balcony flowerpots. In order to please the eye all summer, take care of planting a petunia for seedlings in 2019 in advance.
Features of growing
This flower loves warmth. Planting petunia in the ground, wait until the last frost. In the southern regions, the beginning of May is considered a favorable period, in the central part - its end, and in the north, flower beds are beginning to be made no earlier than the beginning of June. The timing of planting petunias for seedlings also depends on climatic features. Usually it is February-April. Winter seedlings are suitable for decorating balconies, but for open flower beds you will have to wait for spring and only then dunk the seeds.
Flowers, like any other living organism, are influenced by environmental factors. Experienced flower growers know that with a full moon and on a new moon, no sowing is done, but a growing moon is a sign that the time has come to take care of a future flower bed. The calendar of planting petunias for seedlings in 2019 looks like this:
|Month||Favorable days||Sowing is possible||Sowing is not recommended|
|February||2, 12, 13, 16, 17, 20-23||1, 2, 7, 8, 12, 13, 16, 17, 20-28||3-6, 9-11, 14, 15, 18, 19|
|March||11, 12, 28-30||1, 2, 7, 11, 12, 16, 17, 20, 22-30||3-6, 8-10, 13-15, 18, 19, 21, 31|
|April||7-9, 16-19, 25, 26||2, 3, 7-9, 12, 13, 16-19, 21-26, 30||1, 4-6, 10, 11, 14, 15, 20, 27-29|
Attention! Focusing on the calendar of planting petunias in 2019, take into account the time to prepare the seeds for planting in closed ground.
Favorable days are calculated for each type of plant. For petunia, the periods when the Moon is in Capricorn, Aquarius, Taurus, Gemini, Virgo or Libra are optimal. The root system is well formed these days, especially in undersized and curly flowers. Plants are strong and viable.
The lunar calendar is important when watering seedlings. The moon must be in water signs (Aquarius, Cancer or Pisces).
|Month||Favorable days||Disembarking is possible||Landing is not recommended.|
|May||6, 13-17, 22, 23||1, 6, 9, 10, 13-18, 27, 28||2-5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 19, 24-26, 29-31|
|June||1, 10-13, 19, 20, 28-30||1, 5, 6, 10-17, 23-25, 28-30||2-4, 7-9, 18, 21, 22, 26, 27|
How to choose seeds
The color of the flower is not the first priority, what should be paid attention to, although the aesthetic appearance of the flowerbed is what we want to achieve. In order for the petunia to please the eye, it is necessary to choose a variety that will be comfortable in your conditions.
- Spray petunias are suitable for small flower gardens and for decoration of borders. They can be as small-flowered (up to 5 cm in diameter) or large-flowered (up to 16 cm). They are planted in a limited amount of soil.Conveniently, pruning is suitable for such colors: you will be able to shape the bush of the shape you need. They are Triumph F1, Aladdin F1, hybrid Blackberry F1, Lime Green F1 and Lime Bicolor F
Terry bush petunia grade Triumph
- Amulennye. These are flowers with falling branches covered with bright buds. Suitable for planting in pots. Scourge can reach 150 cm in length. This is a Fortunia Wave that can be grown from seeds, as well as Surfiniya and Supertunia, which propagate by cutting.
Attention! Ampel plants are resistant to temperature extremes, but their branches quickly break from wind and rain.
- Cascading. They are similar to ampelous ones, they only grow upwards, and only under their own weight do their branches descend and trail along the flowerbed. Cascade varieties require sufficient space. These are Petunias Silver, Typhoon, Cherry, Ramblin.
- Floribunda. Many-flowered plants that are most often planted in large areas. They have lush flowers with a diameter of up to 10 cm, which cover the green shoots. This sort of Sonya. It is the floribunda petunias that are suitable for growing in the middle lane.
- The soil.These flowers like subacid soil. For seedlings, you can take ready mix for indoor flowering plants.More nutritious will be the soil enriched with peat according to the formula “land: peat: humus: sand” - “1: 1: 1: 0.5”. Before planting, it is necessary to carry out soil disinfection, watering the ground with a weak solution of potassium permanganate and fungicide. Also handled and boxes.
Attention! Wood ash will help reduce soil acidity.
- Seeds.For planting petunias in 2019 fit seeds collected last season. More mature planting material - the risk of low shoots and unviable plants. Seeds of industrial production are most often made in the form of granules. For their germination takes a little more time than self-assembled. At the same time granules give the best shoots.
- Landing.The tank is filled with soil, which must be poured abundantly with water. Seeds poured on the ground. To make them more visible, you can sprinkle the earth with snow or sand, and then evenly distribute the seeds with a toothpick. A more laborious way: moisten a toothpick and transfer it with a tip over a seed.
Attention! It is impossible to water the seeds, because they are very small and light, so they will quickly get into the ground. Use for irrigation method irrigation.
It is very convenient to plant seeds in a peat tablet. Almost 100% of planting material grows in it, while in the soil of 10 seeds 5-6 germinates. For petunia, tablets with a diameter of 5-6 cm will suffice. To increase the percentage of seedlings, after planting, it is recommended to cover the containers with a film, making a small greenhouse.
- Care.Planting on seedlings takes place in February-March, so she needs additional coverage. For this you can use phytolamp. In the absence of such approach, and the usual desktop. The optimum temperature for seedlings is + 23- + 25 degrees.
- PickingPetunia seeds germinate within 2-3 weeks. When there are 3-4 true leaves, it is necessary to plant seedlings. To do this, each sprout gently digs at an angle of 45 degrees to a depth of at least 3 cm. The roots are plucked from the parent root, and the plant is transferred to a separate container, in which it will grow before transplanting to open ground.
- Care for seedlings.After picking, flowers need moderate watering and diffused light. A week after transplanting in separate containers, plants must be fed. Nitrogen fertilizer is suitable for this. Ground part is sprayed.If you planted seeds in a peat tablet, then feeding is not required.
- Planting in open ground.This occurs 11-13 weeks after seeding. It is advisable to do it on an overcast day.