Magnetic Storms in August 2018: Schedule
Magnetic storms in August 2018 will take a full third of the month. Meteorological people need to prepare for them in advance, taking into account the peculiarities of their health.
More about the phenomenon
The sun constantly ejects huge volumes of radiation, plasma, electrons and protons. Earth's magnetic field protects against the negative effects of solar flares, neutralizing them, but sometimes solar vortices affect it. As a result, the earth's field shudders and starts to deform - these are magnetic storms.
Such storms have a global impact on the planet, but residents of the North are more likely to suffer from this phenomenon (compared to, for example, those who live in central Russia).
People perceive magnetic storms differently. Those suffering from diseases of the nervous and cardiovascular systems are experiencing a particular negative impact. Also at risk are pregnant women, the elderly, children and people with mental disabilities.
Schedule of magnetic storms in August 2018
|date||Special features||Health effects|
|2-3 August||Small fluctuations that fall into the category of magnetospheric excitations of our planet and do not cause significant harm to health.||People suffering from heart disease and hypertension may experience mild mood swings that occur due to pressure.|
|10th of August||The average degree of oscillation. The achievement of a cloud of electrons and protons from the Sun is predicted. Perhaps it will happen next flash||Suffering from vegetative-vascular dystonia should not physically load your body|
|August 13-14||Slight fluctuations||There will not be a significant health effect.|
|August 16-20||The air temperature during this period is able to rise to +35. From 21 to 22 not only health problems will be observed, but also interference in television broadcasting, satellite and cellular communications.||Meteorically dependent people may experience migraines, tachycardia, headaches, blood pressure spikes, and joint pains.|
|August 29||It is assumed that on this day a magnetic storm will occur that falls into the medium category.||Meteorological people should refuse to increase physical activity.|
During the period of strong magnetic storms it is necessary to remain calm and monitor well-being. Experts believe that these days increases the likelihood of heart attack and stroke. People who do not notice deterioration in their health during storms, may feel weakness, a slight loss of strength, increased drowsiness.
Magnetic storms lead to the fact that the blood in the body is condensed, creating problems in the functioning of the nervous and circulatory systems.
People with mental illness should be especially careful. With a high degree of magnetic storm increases the risk of suicide. Scientists have conducted studies comparing the degree of geomagnetic activity with the number of suicides committed on such days. A clear relationship was established between the number of suicides and strong magnetic storms.
Experts recommend in the period of high solar activity to adhere to such recommendations:
- Refrain from flights. Passengers in the plane at an altitude of 9-11 km are not protected by the magnetic field of the planet.During the storms, the risk of a plane crash increases.
- The same goes for the metro. The magnetic fields formed by the operation of trains, together with magnetic storms, adversely affect their well-being. Passengers may have heart attacks.
- Do not stay for a long time in direct sunlight.
- Drink more pure boiled water, herbal infusions, sedatives.
- Completely eliminate alcoholic beverages, reduce the consumption of coffee and caffeine-containing products.
- Eat healthy foods (fresh fruits and vegetables, cereals, dairy products, rye bread, lean fish), avoid salty, fried, fatty and sweet foods, fast food.
- In the evenings, take a warm bath.
- Avoid stressful situations, conflicts and nervous tension.
- The concentration of attention during the period of strong magnetic storms decreases, so be careful on the roads and driving.
- If you have a chronic illness, always keep the right medication with you. However, potent medications are not recommended.
- Eucalyptus oil compresses can reduce the effects of magnetic storms.
- Those who take medications for low blood pressure should not abruptly get out of bed after waking up - this can lead to dizziness or fainting.