How to write good-bye?
Elementary, it would seem, the question of how to write "goodbye", causes a lot of controversy. Let's resolve doubts. How correctly to write: "досвидания", "good-bye" or "good-bye"?
For this we turn to the rules of Russianspelling. "Goodbye" consists of two parts: a preposition and a noun. This is easily verified. Try to insert an adjective between two parts of this combination, for example, "until a good date" or "before the first date". This is easily obtained, therefore, "goodbye" consists of two parts of speech, which are uniquely written separately. As for how correctly spelled - "good-bye" or "good-bye", then both options are correct.
Adverbs with such pretexts are written separately:
- before - goodbye, on demand;
- without - without a request, without the knowledge;
- in (in) - at the end, in moderation;
- for - at midnight, abroad;
- on - on the taste, on the side;
- from - from strength, from fat;
- in turn, cheaply;
- under - the mountain, in the evening;
- with - with a mind, with interest.