How to update Skype?
To always stay in touch with yourfriends, and colleagues, many use the free and easy-to-use Skype program. With it, you can make calls, use high-quality video, and exchange instant messages with other users around the world. And if you update the Skype program, you will see its additional features and new features. Let's talk about how to do it.
There are two ways to update the version of Skype: manual update and automatic update. If the settings for automatic updating are disabled, you can manually update Skype.
How to update Skype manually
- From the Skype menu, select "Help" -> "Check for Updates" one by one. If the update is available for download, download it.
- After the download is finished, click on"Install new version" button. At the same time, the account information will not be changed, and the money will remain on the account in Skype. Subscriptions that you made out before, will also remain the same. If you are using an older version of Windows that does not support Skype, for example, Windows 2000 or Windows 98, you may experience problems updating the program. At this stage, Skype supports the following operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1. Therefore, in case of problems, it is better to contact the customer service department of Skype.
- If the update was unexpectedly interrupted or after installing the new version of Skype, it stopped working, you can try to uninstall the application, and then download and install it again.
Automatic update of Skype
The version of Skype will always remain relevant ifwill be automatically updated. The automatic update function is installed by default in the application. In order for Skype to update automatically, you need to do the following:
- go to Skype, click on the "Tools" tab -> "Settings" -> "Advanced" -> "Automatic update";
- select the command "Enable automatic updating";
- click on the "Save" button.
Update Skype is also available in the CenterUpdating Windows (Microsoft). If the Windows version has all the settings for automatic updating, Skype will be updated even if the automatic update feature is disabled in it. To check for updates, you must:
- click on the "Start" button, select "Control Panel" -> "Equipment Performance";
- go to the "System" -> "Automatic update" menu. Here we select the required parameter;
- make sure that the automatic update feature is enabled.
Normally, if Skype has never been updated, you will receive a corresponding message about it. In the window that opens, click on the "Update" button.
Now you know how to update the version of Skype. With the updated version, you will be able to access the new functionality of the program and the excellent communication quality.