How to treat veins on legs?
Varicose veins on the legs area disease that appears due to the fact that the lumen of the veins widens and the outflow of blood is disturbed. The veins have special valves that need to flow the blood in only one direction. In this case, their work is broken, and the blood stagnates in the legs. It is the stagnation of varicose blood that leads to the formation of ugly protruding veins on the legs. And how to cure veins on legs? Let's understand.
Causes of varicose veins of the legs
It is believed that there are several reasons that lead to this unpleasant disease.
- So, doctors say about the heredity of varicose veins, that is, the risk of acquiring varicose veins is much higher for those whose loved ones also suffer from them.
- In addition, women suffer from varicose veinsvein enlargement is much more common than men. Presumably this is due to the long wearing of shoes with high heels. Also, the appearance of varicose veins on the legs is attributed to hormonal changes in the body during pregnancy and during menopause.
- In addition, the lifestyle also affects the appearance of varicose veins. It is believed that a sedentary lifestyle or strong physical exertion, as well as obesity lead to this disease.
As you can see, the reasons for appearingVaricose veins are quite a lot. But if you have this unpleasant disease - do not despair. It is important only to know how to treat veins on the legs.
Treatment with medication
Modern pharmacology does not stand still, and today there are many very different effective drugs for the treatment of varicose veins.
First of all, these are drugs withvenotonizing effect. The most popular are Detralex, Troxevasin, Lyoton-gel and Venoruton. But for effective treatment it is not enough to use only ointments, and complex treatment is needed. So, most often the patient should wear a special compression jersey, which can be found in any large pharmacy. In addition, medication is not bad to combine with the course of lymphatic drainage - a special massage, which is done by specialists with the help of apparatuses.
How to remove veins on the legs: sclerotherapy
All medicines allow onlyalleviate the symptoms of varicose veins. But sooner or later the disease can return again. In addition, none of the drugs, even in combination with compression knitwear, can not cope with severe forms of varicose veins.
To date, the most effectiveNonsurgical method of how to cure veins on the legs is sclerotherapy. It consists in the fact that the doctor enters a special drug into the patient with varicose veins. It causes the destruction of the vein, which dissolves after 1.5 years, and the blood goes only through healthy vessels. For a complete cure, up to 6 sessions of sclerotherapy are required, with complications in this procedure being minimal. The doctor selects the most suitable medicine for the patient, and the procedure is performed using an ultrasound scanner in order to monitor the movement of the syringe for a uniform distribution of the drug.
How to treat veins on the legs: surgical methods
In some of the most severe cases of varicose veins, surgical techniques are used:
- Miniflebectomy - punctures are made through whichvaricose inflows of veins are removed. In some cases, it is a substitute for sclerotherapy, because during this operation the patients recover very quickly, and there are no scars, but it is necessary to wear compression knit wear for several weeks after the operation.
- Short stripping is not the removal of the entire vein, butonly the part that is sick with varicose veins. So, the doctor does on the body only two incisions, through which the vein is removed. The operation lasts only a short while, and the patient is restored in a few days, and sometimes hours.
- Endoscopic vein dissection - with thisThe doctor inserts an endoscope into the vein, with which he can see the affected vessel from the inside. After the doctor determines the length of the disease, the vessel is cut off. With this method, the number of errors the surgeon brings to nothing, because the endoscope allows you to fully control the progress of the operation.
- Intravascular laser coagulation is anotherThe method for how to treat veins on the legs. It is believed that this is the least traumatic method of treating varicose veins. Using an ultrasound scanner, a light guide is inserted into the vein, which indicates the affected sites of the vessel. After that, the plasma is removed by the laser and the vein affected by varicose veins closes and ceases to function. To date, this is the most successful form of treatment for varicose veins, but at the same time this method is the most expensive.
Prevention of varicose veins
Varicose veins are a very unpleasant disease, andits treatment is expensive and does not always lead to positive results. But there are a number of simple ways to prevent this disease. So, they include running and swimming, regular foot massage, as well as maintaining a healthy lifestyle, because obesity is one of the reasons for the appearance of this disease.
So, now you know what methods existtreatment of varicose veins. If you have an enlarged vein on your legs, how to get rid of them can only tell the doctor in your particular case. Be healthy!