How to secure a folder?
It is often necessary to createa sealed folder. For these purposes, special programs and archivers are provided. Let's talk about how to secure the folder using FlashCrypt and the 7zip archiver.
You can use the program to protect the folder on your computerFlashCrypt. It can be downloaded free of charge at this link. Then install the program on your PC. After installing the program, a new item "Protect with FlashCrypt" appears in the context menu of each folder.
To password-protect a folder using this program, you must do the following:
- Locate the folder on the PC that you need to password, and then right click on it and select "Protect with FlashCrypt" in the pop-up menu.
- A new window will open where you need to specify a passwordfor the folder. It is also recommended that it be possible to restore it. To do this, in the same window you will need to check the box "Enable password recovery facility".
- Click the "Protect" button. After that, you will see a new folder with a similar name, which will be the icon of FlashCrypt.
In order to password-protect a folder on your computer withWindows, you can use a regular archiver, the most convenient is 7zip. It is freely available. Download it for free here.
When the 7zip activator is installed on the PC, you will need to do the following:
- Right-click on the folder you want to steal.
- In the context menu, select "7-zip - Add to archive".
- A new window will appear, where you will be asked to set the desired password and select the archive format: "7z", and then click on "OK".
- Now before you will appear 7z archive, access to which will be possible only after entering the password.
Also you can use other ways,which will help you to store the folder. About them is told in the article How to put the password on the folder. If you need to set a password for a Word or Excel document, use the methods in How to secure a file.