How to remove the temperature in a child?
Not always, when the body temperature rises, it must be knocked down. The need for action depends on the stage of increase in body temperature.
Each such stage testifies to certain processes in an unhealthy body and, depending on these processes, it is necessary to decide whether it is necessary to remove the temperature and how.
There are three stages of temperature increase:
- Subfebrile - 37-38 ° C. Accompanied by unpleasant sensations, aches in the whole body, weakness. It should not be knocked down, because at that moment it helps the body fight viruses.
- Moderate-elevated - 38-39 ° C. Here, measures are already required to reduce the temperature, as the patient's condition worsens: the pulse becomes faster, the skin turns red.
- High temperature is over 39 ° С. It must be lowered unequivocally, otherwise the organism undergoes heavy loads. In a critical condition, convulsions begin, internal organs may suffer. In this case, it is recommended to take the temperature off the baby as soon as possible.
How to lower the temperature of a child with folk remedies
If you need to knock down a child's heat, you can resort to some proven methods:
- Wipe the body with a warm damp cloth every 1-2 hours.
- Abundant liquid drink, preferably acidified water. An excellent drink is cranberry or cowberry mors.
- Regular airing of the room.
- Dry light clothing on the baby.
- Decoction of yarrow. Two spoons of herbs pour a glass of water and stand on a steam bath for 12-15 minutes, after which they cool and give a drink to the child.
- Compresses. The cloth is moistened in a mint broth, squeezed well and applied to the temples, wrists, bends of the knees and elbows.
Other methods are described in our article How to lower the temperature in a child.
How to remove the temperature of a child by traditional means
Today in pharmacies a large selection of antipyretic drugsdrugs, and you can buy drugs such as Paracetamol, Kalpol, Efferalgan, Panadol, Ibuprofen, etc. If the baby is too small to drink syrup, there are antipyretic agents in the form of candles. More information you can find in the article Than to lower the temperature in the child.