How to remove a tick from a person yourself?
People affected by the bites of these parasites,often ask about how to remove a tick from a person, and whether it is possible to do it yourself? In order not to torment long expectations, I will immediately answer this question: of course you can. Let's try to understand this situation together.
There are several ways to get the mite outfrom the body. In principle, all methods are identical to each other. Differences only in the instrument used. But before I tell you about them, I would like to recall how you can not remove ticks from a person!
How can I remove the parasite
- Do not use vegetable oilor glue. These are "grandmother's" methods, from which today not only there is no benefit, but even there is some risk. The oil will clog the airway and parasite and simply kill it, and make the mite regurgitate its saliva back into the wound, which is the risk of infection.
- It is not recommended to touch the parasite with forceps,because there is a risk of "breaking" the mite abdomen. Ideally - to take on his naked and soft fingers, although the doctors themselves often remove parasites just the same tweezers. Well, if the doctors work with tweezers, then we can be with you!
- In addition, do not treat the wound differentlychemical liquids (gasoline, ammonia, etc.), do not cauterize the parasite with a cigarette, do not pick it with a dirty needle, do not twist the tick (otherwise it breaks), do not press it with your fingers and do not apply compresses.
The correct ways how to remove a tick from a person
- Use special hooks for removalparasites. They are sold in any pharmacy. Outwardly, this hook resembles a two-edged curved fork. The device is put on the mite so that it is between the teeth. Further everything is simple - the parasite is wrenched out of the skin.
- There is one time-tested way of howpull out a tick from a person. We do this with the help of a thread. This requires a coarse thread. Make a loop out of it and grab the parasite as close as possible to your skin. The tick is pulled out of the body, gently rocking from side to side.
- Of course, not all of us will benefit from knowledge ofhow to remove a tick from a person with a surgical clamp or curved tweezers, since such tools usually do not happen at home, but I'll still talk about this method. We grab the parasite with tweezers as close as possible to its proboscis and carefully sip it, rotating it around its own axis in a convenient (!) For you side! Note, it does not matter - clockwise or counterclockwise. How convenient to you personally! After three turns, you can start extracting the tick from under the skin. At the same time, it is extracted entirely - no broken proboscis should remain under the skin!
But what if the removal was unsuccessful, and the parasite exploded, leaving its front part in your body? How to remove a tick from a person in this case? Now we will analyze this nuance.
What to do if there is a head with a proboscis in the wound?
In principle, nothing deadly terrible in this. In fact, the proboscis stuck in your wound is not worse than a splinter! We consider two cases.
- If the parasite's proboscis protrudes above your skin, take tweezers, pinch this proboscis and boldly unscrew it. You can go to the clinic and ask the surgeon to remove the remnants of the tick.
- If the proboscis remains inside, then on the wound there will be a small abscess. Due to the work of leukocytes, which fight against foreign bodies, the mite remains after some time on their own.