How to perform namaz?
Watch the video
Now most states aremultinational, and this means that among them, among other things, representatives of different religions coexist. Islam in the number of its followers ranks second in the world after Christianity. If people want to live in peace, they must know and respect the customs of adherents of other religions who live side by side with them.
In this article we will tell you what prayer is like, how to perform prayer for Muslims and why this prayer is important for them.
The Five Pillars of Islam
In Islam, as in most other worldreligions, the belief in one god, in this case in Allah, is expressed in the performance of certain rituals and in honoring traditions that have developed from time immemorial. In this religion there is the concept of the five pillars - these are the five obligatory rituals or actions that are obligated throughout the life of any faithful Muslim:
- The utterance of the oath of allegiance to Allah, the recognition of the fact that there is no other God but him, and the fact that the preacher Muhammad was the messenger of Allah (shahada);
- The daily commemoration of five prayers (prayer);
- Mandatory fasting during the holy month of Ramadan (Uraz);
- Payment of religious tax for those who need help (zakat);
- The pilgrimage to Mecca (Hajj).
Rules for the performance of namaz
Namaz is a special prayer ritual in Islam, which is prescribed for every Muslim every day, five times a day, at certain times.
The ritual of performing namaz as such is notis fixed in the Qur'an, however in this holy book of Moslems there are numerous references to a certain order of performing the prayer. During the existence of the Islamic religion, there were common for all Muslim principles of how to properly perform namaz:
- You can only start prayer by having pure thoughts and intentions;
- Absolute purity of the body must be observed(before prayer, if there is a need and possibility, ritual ablutions are performed), the spaces around (in the room where namaz is performed, it must be cleaned and clean) and clothes;
- No matter should poison and cloud the consciousness of the praying (ie, the performance of prayer presupposes absolute sobriety from alcohol, drugs, etc.);
- In the Islamic religion there is the concept of "qiblah"this is the direction in which Namaz should be performed. The direction of the Qiblah is the direction of prayer towards the sacred Islamic shrine of the Ka'ba, which is located in Mecca. Any faithful Muslim, wherever he is, should know the location of the Kaaba relative to the point at which it is currently located.
- During the performance of prayer it is necessary to watch your tone of speech and concentration of sight.
Namaz involves the following actions:
- First, you need to bathe and prepare the body and mind for the ritual.
- Then you need to stand on a special rug, turn your face to the side of the Kaaba, drop your hands along the trunk and declare your intention to perform namaz (niyat).
- Raise your hands to one level with your face. Palms unfold in the direction of the direction of the Qibla and say: "Allahu Akbar."
- With your right hand, take the left hand by the wrist, press them to your chest and say first the sura (chapter) of the Quran, and then one of the short surahs.
- Perform a waist bow with a praise to Allah.
- Straighten up and say: "May Allah hear the one who praised him."
- Go down on your knees and bow down.
- Straighten, sit on your heels and say: "Oh, Allah forgive me."
- Repeat the bow and sit on your heels. The entire cycle is called rakaat.
- During the second and last rak'aat, read a special prayer for prayer, called Tashahhud.