How to make ice cream?
Watch the video
Prepare ice cream at home, it turns out,simply enough if you follow the recipe from our article: "How to cook ice cream at home?". But how to make ice cream on a production scale? Let's look at this process in order.
Ingredients for cold delicacy
- dairy products: dry, whole, skim milk; Condensed milk with sugar and without; cream, whey, whey concentrate, butter, buttermilk.
- sugar, sugar substitutes.
- fresh or frozen berries, fruits, vegetables.
- puree, juices, jams, extracts.
- fats of vegetable origin (for example, coconut oil).
- flavoring, aromatic additives: chocolate, nuts, coffee, spices, cocoa, chicory.
- stabilizers - are needed for a bunch of water and forpreventing the formation of ice in the frozen mass during the whipping, cooling and subsequent storage (various starches, pectins, agar-agar, sodium alginate, agaroid, sodium caseinate).
- Emulsifiers (for binding water and fat) and food colorings.
- glaze, which is prepared by mixing such constituents as vegetable fat, cocoa butter, cocoa powder, milk powder, sugar powder, flavors, emulsifiers.
- wafers in the form of tubules, horns, cups.
After preparing the main ingredients for the future of ice cream, they begin the process of production.
Ice cream making process
How to make ice cream after the preparation of raw materials? The second important stage is the process of preparing a mixture for ice cream according to a special recipe.
Filtration, pasteurization, homogenization
When the ice cream mixture is ready, proceed tothe process of filtering it. From the mass for ice cream, mechanical impurities and lumps that are not dissolved during the mixing process are removed by means of a cylindrical filter.
The filtered mixture is subjected to a processpasteurization. The mixture is heated to a temperature of 80-85 ° C with a delay of a minute or to a temperature of 92-95 ° C without delay in a special thermally insulated tank. Pasteurization is needed in order to get rid of bacteria.
After pasteurization, the mixture for ice cream should be homogenized - break up large fat balls into small ones at the same temperature as during pasteurization.
The process of homogenization is completed by coolingmixture to a temperature of 2-6 ° C. When cooled, the mixture is also slowly mixed to make its constituents well emulsified and better able to take in air. Maturation of ice cream occurs within 24 hours at a temperature of 4-6 ° C or for 48 hours at a lower temperature of 0-4 ° C.
How to make ice cream when the mixture is ready? Now comes the key moment in the preparation of ice cream - frilling. During this process, the mixture is whipped (saturated with air) and partially frozen. After frizzing, the mixture is cooled to -3.5 ° C. It is the saturation with air that allows you to eat ice cream in a cold form.
After the process of freezing comes time forFormation (extrusion) of the finished mass. The extruder is a nozzle of the desired shape, through which a mass comes from the freezer. Ice cream is squeezed out of the extruder and cut off by a string mechanism of the required size. Formed ice cream falls on the conveyor, which sends it to the freezing chamber.
In the freezing chamber or freezingdevices of tunnel type ice cream are quenched at -25 to 37 ° C. The quenching process takes place as quickly as possible to avoid a sharp increase in ice crystals. At the exit the ice cream should have a temperature of -12 ° C, and in the packed form -10 ° C.
After the hardening process, it remains to pack ice cream in polypropylene film or cardboard boxes. The packed ice cream is stored and transported at a temperature of -24-26 ° C.
To visualize the process, you can see the video - how to make ice cream.