How to make a menu?
The menu of a restaurant or a cafe is a complicated bookletwith a list of dishes and drinks. The menu is the appearance of the institution, it can say a lot about the quality of food and restaurant service. Therefore, it is very important to properly and beautifully decorate. Interesting design attracts customers, and made on a fast hand on bad paper, indicates a bad taste of the owner and his inability to properly conduct his business.
This article will tell you how to make a menu for a cafe or restaurant.
To begin with, you need an idea. Fresh and original. But remember that the menu should match the nature and characteristics of the institution. It will reflect the image of the restaurant, and complement its style. For example, if it's a sushi bar, you can safely use Japanese ornament.
When your imagination has already developed the idea, you can safely study the instruction how to make a menu.
When there is a main idea. You need to know the basic rules:
- The menu should be executed in the style of the restaurant.
- It shows the name of the institution and its logo.
- Font necessarily make it understandable and easy to read, do not test the eyes of customers, for example, Gothic, if your restaurant is not decorated in the style of a medieval castle.
- The menu contains different dishes, snacks, drinks, cocktails, but the key items belong to the most consumed dishes.
Computer and printer. You can use a computer that will help you easily make various changes and corrections in the menu.
Now let's talk about how to make a beautiful menu. You can arrange it in such a way that it will not only attract the attention of guests, but will also cause them an irresistible desire to try many dishes. Beautiful, well-chosen illustrations will quickly awaken in the visitors' appetite.
Design. It is very important. The person should open the menu and with pleasant emotions it is easy to read it. For this, it is necessary to achieve an optimal spatial relationship between the empty space and the text.
Format and font. Pay special attention to these indicators. These technical details can enable the client to read the menu with ease or vice versa. Excluded strikeouts, handwritten additions, spelling errors and incorrect names.
In one menu you can not use different types of font, just select special dishes in frames, other background or next to them place colorful pictures.
The line spacing should allow a person to easily read the menu in the same way as the space between the letters. The text should be made not only beautiful, but also convenient for reading.
Color spectrum. Look at the color of the room and use it when making the menu. You can use at least all the colors of the rainbow, but do not forget that these colors should not cause irritation to the guest.
Imagine that the restaurant is made in strict, low-key shades, and the menu is full of bright colors. This is exactly not like the client and will lead to internal contradictions.
Focus not only on the aesthetic appearance, but also on how to properly design the menu.
Menu design rules
- When planning each individual item, consider the psychology and different tastes of customers.
- Make a price review. Find out the average income level of the population in this city.
- Determine which foods are often consumed, and which ones are bought very rarely. The list of dishes should be based on the tastes and preferences of visitors, otherwise the restaurant will be unprofitable.
- For each dish, attach a description so thatonly to demonstrate the prestige of his institution, but also to convince the client that he is not buying a "cat in a poke". Description make a brief and concise, accurate and conscientious. The person should know how the dish is cooked (in the oven, on the grill, in the skillet) and what ingredients were used. If desired, you can specify the origin of the products and the methods for preparing the garnish, if they are unique.
- Take the responsibility to compose the children's menu, if it is planned.
Also pay attention to the correctsequence of information: on the cover place the name of the restaurant (it is possible in the form of a logotype), on the first two pages you can give information about the history of the origin of the kitchen, which is offered to the visitor or tell the legend of the restaurant.