How to make a case for speakersOctober 14, 2010
The idea to make a column with your own hands may arise in several cases. For example, if you want to experiment with sound and achieve high-quality sound of your favorite music. In electronics stores you can find good-sounding speakers, but their cost is often very high. And you can make the columns with your own hands, if you have a desire to make an extraordinary thing, one of a kind. Our article describes the process of creating speakers from old fire extinguishers - the idea is original and non-standard.
First of all, we need two identical old fire extinguishers, as well as suitable in size and dynamics characteristics. Still need soundproof material, putty, metal brush, sandpaper and paint.
How to make a column with your own hands
- We disassemble old fire extinguishers and carefully remove old paint and rust from them with a metal brush and emery paper.
- We select for the size and design of future speakers speakers.
- We cut holes in both fire extinguishers according to the size of the speakers.
- To prevent rattling and other extraneous sounds, the inner surface of fire extinguishers is glued over with a layer of sound-proofing material.
- We make a mount for speakers, fasten it in the case of a fire extinguisher.
- The joints between the fasteners and the case are carefully filled with automotive putty and rubbed.
- The surfaces of fire extinguishers are covered with a layer of primer and painted with spray paint. In this case, for greater effect, a scarlet color was chosen, but it is also possible to paint the columns in black or silver.
- After complete drying of the paint, it is possible to assemble the columns. Usually the paint dries out after a couple of hours after painting.