How to learn to say "P"?
Watch the video
When a child learns to speak,problem with the pronunciation of certain letters. This may be due to both the physiology of the child and the misunderstanding of the pronunciation. To solve this problem, there are professional speech therapists, which teach the child the correct pronunciation, but you can teach it yourself at home, knowing the necessary exercises.
One of the most difficult to pronounce letters is the letter "P". Many children have a problem with this letter. Let's consider in more detail below how to learn to say "R" with the help of different exercises.
Pronunciation of the letter "P"
Seriously it is necessary to do the pronunciation of the child,if he was five years old, and he still improperly pronounces this letter. It is best to visit a speech therapist who will professionally consult and explain the problem and how to solve it. He will also give recommendations on exercises for the child, examples of which will be given below.
The initial stage of learning the letter "R"
Before embarking on complex tongue twisters andexercises, it is necessary to teach the child to pronounce the letter in its pure form. Having mastered this moment, we begin to teach him to pronounce the letter in syllables. Thus, the learning stages will not be too difficult for the child and you will achieve success.
After that, we begin to learn the pronunciation of the letter "P" in words and whole phrases with the help of exercises.
Exercises for warm-up
Before you begin the exercises with pronunciation, you must conduct a constant warm-up for the mouth to warm up the muscles. Here are the simple exercises for this:
- Exercise "Paint brush" is that the child is driving his tongue across the sky to the throat and back a dozen times.
- In the exercise "Pendulum" you should drive your tongue from left to right ten times, opening your mouth.
- Exercise "Garmoshka" will require the work of the jaw. Press the tongue to the sky, and then open and close the mouth twenty times in a row.
- In the exercise "Clean the teeth" it is necessary to drive the tongue over the inner part of the upper teeth about twenty times.
After this, the child will be ready for exercise
Exercises for the letter "P"
Speech therapists always practice a certain ordertasks for the most effective learning. In self-study, one can also follow the plan of a speech therapist. Usually, four types of tasks are used for the daily gymnastics of the child, which we will consider below:
- The child puts his tongue in the bottom of the upperteeth and tries to pronounce the letter "D" many times in a row. Then it is necessary to ask the child to blow on the tip of the tongue, tearing it from the base of the teeth. Thus, the child will remember and get used to how the tongue should vibrate when he begins to pronounce the letter "P".
- For the second exercise you will need to buya logopedic spatula, which is sold in any pharmacy. For the comfort of the baby you can buy a spatula with a delicious smell. Ask the child to pronounce the "F" sound for a long time, while at the same time move the spatula closer to the base of the upper teeth. After that, slip the spatula under the child's tongue and drive it to the right and left until the child continues to pronounce the "F" sound. So he will learn how the language vibrates when pronouncing "R".
- In the third exercise, it is necessary that the childwide opened his mouth and began to pronounce the syllable "For", pushing the language back to the maximum. Themselves at this time, drive under the tongue with a spatula. It is then that you must hear the letter "R" distinctly.
- Ask the child with an open mouth to pronounce the sound "Zi", and lead the spatula in the same way as in the previous paragraph. You will hear a softer "R" sound.
Thanks to the daily repetition of these exercises, as well as practice with tongue twisters and words with the letter "R", you will achieve that the child will learn to pronounce this complex letter.