How to knit from fur?
Watch the video
It turns out that you can also knit from fur, and in the endvery original and cozy things are obtained. But first you need to learn how to knit from fur correctly, how not to spoil the material and prepare for knitting.
Fur threads and ribbons
Before you start knitting, you need to preparefur band. For this, there are two ways: to buy a ready-made tape in a specialized store or to make it yourself. You also need to choose between a fur band and a thread. A fur thread is a twisted stripe of fur. A fur band is a flat strip. From your choice will depend on the appearance of the finished thing.
Suppose you decide to cut the skins yourself. Do it in a special way, so as not to spoil the expensive material. Sequencing:
- Choose a skin of suitable color and size.
- On the wrong side of the skin, draw a diagram of how you will cut it. Here you can not take into account the direction of the pile. But carefully think about how to cut the skin most economically.
- Take a sharp clerical knife and cut the skin. It is better not to use scissors and an ordinary knife, since you can ruin the fur. Try not to damage the pile.
How to choose a fur
Fur knitting can be very diverse, soas for him you can choose any fur. From the choice of fur will depend on the final appearance of the product and its properties. Try to choose for knitting a fluffy, shiny and beautiful fur. Things from such a fur will turn out to be just as beautiful. If you save on the fur, then the appearance of the thing will suffer. For different purposes, this or that kind of fur is better suited, so the selection of the material must be carefully and carefully. For knitting you can use old things that are out of fashion or partially soured.
Learning to knit with fur is not difficult. You can easily master knitting with fur without video lessons and textbooks.
- Cut the fur skin into strips in the manner specified above. If you want to knit from a fur thread, then twist each strip.
- Connect the fur strips to each other. For this, they can be sewn neatly or glued together.
- Fur thread is good for knitting. But if desired, it can be combined with yarn for knitting under fur. This way you can achieve an interesting effect and make the thing more durable.
- A ready-made fur thread can be knit in the usual way on knitting needles. And you can take a special grid, which will serve as the basis.
- If you chose to knit with a fur in the form of a grid, then you can buy it in the store or crochet yourself. To do this, you need to be able to make columns with a crochet, from which you get an excellent grid.
- The resulting grid of the right size should be braided with a fur thread. You can simplify the process with a pin. The result is a warm, but airy thing.
As you can see, knitting with fur is not so difficult, and the products turn out to be beautiful and original. Enjoy knitted products handmade by your loved ones.