Often, we need to reinstall ouroperating system. This may be due to the fact that the computer's resources have accumulated a large amount of information, the files of which contain viruses. Or the computer just stopped working, due to software failures. In all cases, we will need to reinstall the operating system. Today, we'll figure out how to properly install Windows XP. So:
How to install Windows XP correctly?
First of all, we need a disk on whichone of the versions of the operating system is recorded. This disk can be taken from someone you know, if you do not have one. You can also find the boot files of the Windows XP operating system on the Internet. If you select the second option, then after downloading, you need to write all the files to a blank disc that your drive can read. So, everything is ready to install Windows XP. Before installing, remember that all the data that is on that partition of the drive where you will install Windows will be replaced. That is, you need to save all the files you need for work, in another section of the disk or on any external storage medium.
Here's what you need to do:
- Put the disk with the operating system files in the drive.
- Restart your computer.
- During the download you will see the inscription in the rightthe bottom corner of the screen that contains the following: "Press Del to run setup". At the time this label appears, you need to press the DEL key in order to properly install Windows XP. In different models of the computer, different buttons can be used that cause the BIOS settings of your PC. Besides DEL, it can be, for example, F2 and so on. Accordingly, you need to press the key, which will be indicated in the instruction (in the lower right corner) when the computer is booted.
- After pressing the key, we must go to the BIOS section. It is important to note that in this case there will be no possibility to control the mouse. To navigate and select options use the "arrow" and "ENTER" keys.
- Our task in this section is to assign a drivestarting point of computer loading. To do this, you need to find a BIOS setting called "Boot". Boot - download, in English. The fact is that different BIOS models assume different kinds of menus. But, of course, in any BIOS there is a boot configuration.
- We hope you managed to find the options in the sectionBoot. Now we need to select your drive as the first boot device. Where the 1st boot drive is written, you need to select your drive. Select the 1st boot drive, and press enter. A list of various devices appears. Our drive is usually displayed as the name of the model and manufacturer of the manufacturer. For example, "toshiba". After the manufacturer, the name of the model is usually written. Select the drive, highlighting its name, and pressing enter, to properly install Windows XP.
- Now, the device from which to boot up the computer is a drive in which there is already a disk containing the necessary files.
- Next, you need to follow all instructions that arewill be offered. Installation is in many ways an automated process that does not require deep computer knowledge.