How to install scripts?
A script is a very useful function whenI want to make my site original and not like others. Most web pages are created for the same template, so they are similar to each other, like twin brothers, especially if made through a site builder. If there is a desire to create something of its own, more original, then you need to learn how to install scripts on your site. This is done quite easily, and any person who is more or less able to work in the browser can cope with such a task. To do this, only the computer and the Smart FTP Client program or some of its analogs are needed.
How to install scripts: instruction
- First you need to start the Smart FTP programClient on the computer. Next, specify the address of your site in the address bar by ftp. This address should look like ftp.domen.zone, where the domain of the site and the zone of its location are indicated.
- Next you need to fill in the fields with login and password,which you received by registering your domain. If your hoster does not impose additional conditions, then in the "Port" you need to enter 21. After all the fields are filled, you need to click on the icon with the arrow next to the "Address" menu.
- Now find the "Public html" folder on the left side and open it. At the same time, you need to open the folder with the script and drag all the items of this folder into the central window of the program.
- When copying is complete, you mustset attributes. This is the most important thing in how to install the script on the site. To do this, you need to find the desired file and select it in the "CHMOD" properties. After the attributes are installed, you need to select all the right rights in the dialog box. The same must be done with all the other folders.
- If your script contains any installationfiles, for example, install.php, then the script can be installed directly. To do this, you can register in the address bar of the browser http: // the name of your site.install.php and go through the installation.
There is another, much simpler wayinstall a script with the database. To install the script, you need to get into the database on the hosting server and create your own database there, come up with a password. To establish a database connection to the script, you need to set all the settings that are in the Readme file.
In the Login field, you need to register instead of Rootname of your database. In this case, the login and password must coincide with the data that you registered, registering your database. That's all you need to do to install the script.
Types of scripts
Before installing the script on the site,It is necessary to understand the types and purposes of scripts. There are cyclical scripts, meta-scripts, switching scripts, scripts that perform some cyclic actions, those that perform one action when a key is pressed, and another key when the key is released. In addition, there are a huge number of additional scripts that are used in computer games, on complex flash sites, but this is another type of scripts, and it is set differently.