How to grow hydroponics?
Many villagers are eager to go to the city -there are more opportunities and less hard work. It is not a secret that agronomists have the heaviest and lowest paid labor. It will be some 50 years, and there will be no people left in the villages, scientists say. Who will work in the field? What will our children and grandchildren eat?
Now more and more talk about hydroponics - a way of growing plants without soil. Let's take a closer look at this method and how to grow hydroponics.
What is hydroponics?
In fact, such a principle of cultivationplants were practiced in antiquity. Suffice it to recall one of the wonders of the world - Hanging Gardens. After all, they were grown by similar methods. And in Central America there were floating gardens. When the Indians were driven out of their lands, they built a reed from a reed, to which silt was laid. So the Aztecs cultivated many cultures, and even trees.
The principle of growing without land is based onnumerous studies of the root system. What does the plant take from the soil? Nutrients and microelements. But if they just saturate the water, which will contain the roots, then the plant will not have enough oxygen.
Therefore, the substrate is used for growing,which in itself has no value, but simply supports the root system. But the plant does not "search for nutrients" in the soil - they are fed into the substrate. Therefore, the culture grows much faster. This is only one of the advantages that the method of hydroponics has.
Let's list the other pluses:
- The soil itself has in its composition harmful substances, which with growth absorbs and culture. All this harms our body. A plant grown by a new method does not have these drawbacks.
- With excessive moisture in the soil, the culture suffers from a lack of oxygen. Drought also affects the plant. With hydroponics this does not happen.
- A perennial plant is much easier to transplant into a substrate with nutrients than to a land where the root system will experience some stress and damage.
- The hydroponic system greatly facilitates wateringplants. One culture is water every few days, and another - every two to three weeks. It depends on the size of the capacity. That is, the whole process becomes very easy to control.
- One of the main advantages of the new method of cultivation is the absence of pests, which have to be poisoned with poisonous substances.
- Hydroponics rescues from dirt, dust from the ground, and this is a kind of bonus for housewives.
In fairness, it should be noted and cons:
- The price of the issue. The cost of the method is much higher than the cultivation in the traditional way.
- If you want to save a little on the systemHydroponics, the installation can be collected by you manually, but you will have to expend the energy and time to assemble it. The purchase of such a system will cost a penny, but it will pay off quickly thanks to all the above pluses.
- Psychological component. Very often, innovations are poorly perceived by people, society. Cultivation is not an exception. If without soil, then with the help of incomprehensible substances and chemistry?
Hydroponics with your own hands
If you are seriously interested in this method and want to try it, let's see how to make hydroponics yourself how difficult it is.
There are quite a lot of options for this system, so one of the simplest variants is given below. For its construction you will need ten minutes of free time and one more thing:
- Bucket with lid
- Flower pot, the volume of which should be from the volume of the bucket
- Aquarium pump
- Two plastic tubes for pump and overflow
- Drainage in an amount equal to the volume of the pot
- Timer for controlling the pump
So, let's see what the hydroponics system is, a photo of which can be found without problems on the Internet.
In the lid of the bucket we make a hole for the pot; in the daypot - two holes for the tubes. Pump put in a bucket, there we pour nutrient solution. In the pot we fall asleep claydite (drainage). Pipes perform the functions of supplying the solution and its removal. The roots of the plant are saturated with microelements and are not constantly present in it.
The considered method is suitable for testing inhome conditions, but in agriculture, where it is used to grow a greenhouse, hydroponics requires much more investment, although the cost price of the product is obtained below. Therefore, many agronomists are actively interested in this method of cultivation. There are many foreign companies that provide services for the construction of such greenhouses, the selection of suitable crops and advice on their cultivation.
Now you have an idea about, relative tonew, method of growing plants. We can say with confidence that the future of agriculture is just behind it. After cultivation by hydroponics method gives amazing, amazing results. You can see for yourself. We wish you big and rich harvests.