How to get rid of the spur: traditional and folk methods of treatment
How to get rid of calcaneal spur in the homeconditions and with the help of traditional methods of therapy? The answer to this difficult question can be found in the materials of the article in question. Also, it will indicate the symptoms of this pathological condition, the causes of its appearance and the methods of diagnosis.
Before you tell us how to get rid of spurs, you should tell what it is all about.
The first and main symptom of theThe disease is a severe and intolerable pain in the area of the heel. From a medical point of view, such a pathological condition is a bone growth, located on the back of the calcaneus, in the form of a spine or wedge. Hence the unconventional name of this disease.
How to quickly get rid of the spur? Treatment of ailment can be medicamental, surgical or physiotherapeutic. Such methods are most effective and in demand. However, there are patients who prefer to use folk remedies tested for decades. In most cases, they are also effective.
Before you learn about how to get rid of spurs on your legs, you should find out how such a pathological phenomenon generally develops.
In modern medicine, plantar fasciitiscalled degenerative-inflammatory disease, which affects the calcaneal tubercle and its soft tissues at the junction of muscle tendons. Often, with such a disease, the tissue of the periosteum itself becomes inflamed. It is in this area that bone growths are formed, called spurs. Exerting strong pressure on soft tissues, they very often cause severe pain. Typically, this syndrome increases after rest (starting pain), as well as with a load on the heel.
Causes of development
How to get rid of the spur on the foot? To give an exhaustive answer to this question, it is necessary to find out the causes of the development of the disease. Experts to them include the following:
- presence of longitudinal flat feet;
- various injuries;
- violations of salt and water metabolism in the body, which lead to the accumulation of a large number of salts in tissues;
- sports loads;
- osteochondrosis lumbosacral, which contributes to an incorrect distribution of load on the foot;
- neurodystrophic and vascular changes in the heel area.
All of the above factors can lead toa strong load on the heel, as well as traumatizing the tissue of the periosteum and tendons, which causes chronic inflammation, which, in fact, causes the tendons to become ossified and the development of the heel spur.
So how to get rid of the spur on the foot? To effectively treat this disease and prevent relapses, one should not only discover, but also eliminate the cause that causes its development.
Symptoms of the disease
To get rid of spurs folk remedies or traditional methods is quite realistic. However, before this, it is necessary to find out whether this disease really develops.
The presence of plantar fasciitis is often determinedon the available symptoms. First of all, such a disease is manifested by severe pain in the heel. Most patients compare such feelings with a nail hammered into a foot.
With regard to external signs, with the development of the spur in some people there is a noticeable compaction in the region of the heel. Although in most cases there are no visible changes in this disease.
It should also be noted that in patients suffering from this disease, there is a significant change in gait. This is especially noticeable if the spur arose immediately on both legs.
How to get rid of the spur in the heel quickly? To do this, you should consult an experienced doctor. To determine the presence of the calcaneal spur and to distinguish it from other diseases, the specialist must conduct ultrasound and radiographic examination. On the pictures taken, the bone growths in the heel area are quite clearly visible. Their size can reach 3-12 mm. The sharp end of the wedge always lies in the direction of the toes.
It should also be noted that diagnosingPlantar fasciitis is only wrong for the symptoms. This is due to the fact that similar signs can be observed in various types of rheumatoid diseases, as well as in the case of fracture of the calcaneus.
How to get rid of the spur on the foot? Algorithm of treatment
That the process of therapy of plantar fasciitis does not prove to be protracted, it is very important to recognize the presence of this disease in time.
In the initial stages, conservative methods of treatment can be used. Their main directions are:
- removal of inflammation in the area of the heel;
- elimination of existing edema;
- reduction of pain;
- prevention of dystrophic changes in tissues;
- stimulation of the process of tissue regeneration.
With regard to advanced stages of plantationfasciitis, then in this case, a drug blockade is performed or the anti-inflammatory drugs are injected directly into the affected area. It should be specially noted that this procedure requires strict dosage accuracy, depth and injection site. If an inexperienced person has performed the injection, the patient may develop serious complications.
As practice shows, the effect of blockade is almost always long and persistent.
How to get rid of spurs on your feet in runningcases? If the conservative methods of therapy are ineffective, a surgical operation can be recommended to the patient. During this procedure, the affected tissue is completely excised. It should be noted that if the causes that contributed to the development of the heel spur, and have not been eliminated, then after a while the disease can return.
How to reduce discomfort?
How to get rid of the spur in the heel quickly, youonly an experienced doctor can tell. If you do not have the opportunity to get an appointment with a doctor in the near future, you can reduce discomfort by creating sparing conditions for the affected area, as well as changing the usual mode of exercise.
With plantar fasciitis, experts recommend abandoning:
- weight transfer;
- long walking;
- jumping, running and other types of physical activity;
- wearing shoes with high heels and too flat soles.
By the way, the choice of shoes in this diseasespecial attention should be given. The best option for patients with a calcaneal spur will be light sneakers with insteps. At the same time, the optimal height of the foot should be 3-4 cm.
Also, some people acquire specialOrthopedic insoles for shoes, which are designed for foot with plantar fasciitis. If there is no possibility to purchase the shoe pads, they can be made independently from foam rubber, in which a small hole is made in the location of the spur.
Traditional treatment of plantar fasciitis
How to get rid of the heel spur forever? For this purpose, experts recommend turning to traditional medicine. After all, under the supervision and guidance of experienced doctors, the patient will be able to completely cure this ailment and never worry about it again.
Among the traditional methods of treatment of plantar fasciitis are the following:
- Application mud mud. This course is conducted in a hospital and helps not only to eliminate the inflammatory process, but also to significantly reduce pain in the heel.
- Special therapeutic exercises and foot massage. Such methods allow to restore normal blood circulation in the foot area, which helps to eliminate pain.
- Warm baths with the addition of minerals. This method also improves microcirculation in the area of the heel and helps to resolve the bony growth.
All of the above methods of treating the calcaneal spur are traditional. However, they are used only if the disease is at the initial or advanced stage.
How to get rid of the calcaneal spur forever in neglected cases? The following methods are used for this:
- Laser therapy, in which a laser beam,affecting the affected area, stimulates blood circulation, helps reduce inflammation and eliminate pain. It should also be noted that this procedure enhances the effect of medications and requires a reduction in their dosage. Laser therapy has no side effects and is completely painless.
- X-ray therapy is carried out by exposuredirected x-ray to the heel area. In this case, ionizing radiation destroys pathological tissues and cells, and also prevents their further growth. With this treatment, the nerve endings in the area of the beam are blocked, and the pain sensations are completely eliminated. By the way, X-ray also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- In the field of exposure to ultraviolet irradiation, chemical processes occur, which facilitates the release of active substances and the activation of regenerating processes.
- Shockwave therapy is arelatively new and well-proven methodology. Directional shock-sound wave blocks painful impulses, breaks bone growths and promotes tissue renewal.
- Magnetotherapy is a physiotherapy method,which involves the use of a magnetic field. Its effect on the affected tissue triggers the metabolic processes, and also contributes to their recovery.
- Electrophoresis is performed with the use of anti-inflammatory drugs, which ensures their rapid and complete penetration through the skin, as well as intercellular spaces.
- Treatment with ultrasound involves heating the patientsite of the heel, which triggers the regeneration of damaged tissues and accelerated metabolic processes. Also, ultrasound has spasmolytic and absorbable effects.
How to get rid of calcaneal spurs quickly? Often, for this purpose, doctors prescribe to their patients the administration of oral NSAIDs, the internal administration of pain medication, and the use of local ointments and gels with similar properties.
How to get rid of the spur at home?
Folk methods of therapy of plantar fasciitisare quite popular among patients with this problem. Most often, home treatment of heel spurs involves the use of various applications and trays. It should be noted immediately that the therapy of such a disease with unconventional means very often requires a long time.
So how to get rid of spurs through appliqués? Imagine several ways:
- Pharmaceutical turpentine. To treat the spur, the affected heel is carefully rubbed with turpentine, and then immediately put on a cotton and woolen sock. This procedure is best done at night. The course of therapy is 1-2 weeks, after which they take a break of the same duration and repeat the treatment.
- Medical bile. Before using it, the heel is heavily steamed, placing in a hot bath for 20 minutes. Next, the foot is wiped dry and put a cotton swab completely impregnated with bile. It is fixed with a bandage, wrapped in polyethylene and put on a warm sock. In this condition, the leg is left overnight. Repeat this procedure is desirable every day, until the pain disappears completely.
- Raw potatoes. Vegetables are cut along and tied to the affected area at night. For a better therapeutic effect, it is recommended to grate the potatoes on a fine grater, and then lay the resulting gruel on gauze, folded in several layers, and fix on the heel with a bandage.
- Fat of pork. To ease your condition with a heel spur, to the place of its formation it is necessary to tie a plate of lard (can be smeared with badger fat) and leave for the night.
- Black radish. Vegetables are grinded on a grater, after which they are applied to the heel. As a rule, after 4 applications, pain sensations decrease noticeably.
- Iodine. This product is well impregnated with a heel, and then covered with a gauze cloth and put on a sock or elastic bandage. This procedure is repeated for 10 days.
Now you know how to get rid of spursthrough applications. It should be specially noted that such folk methods not only reduce inflammation, but also relieve all painful sensations. By the way, they can be used together with the baths. This will greatly enhance the therapeutic effect.
Which baths help?
Is the heel spur treated? To get rid at home of this ailment is possible by taking foot baths. To do this, we recommend using the following recipes:
- Hot bath with iodine and baking soda. To 3 liters of water, add 1 large spoonful of soda and about 15 drops of iodine. The procedures are carried out for 10 minutes.
- Baths of decoctions of herbs such as wormwood,burdock, maid and nettle. A mixture of these plants in an amount of 1 large spoon is mixed with 1 liter of water, put on a fire and brought to a boil. After 20 minutes, the decoction is removed. After a partial cooling, the heel is immersed in it and kept in this form for about ¼ hour. The course of therapy should last about a month.
- Salt baths. To facilitate his condition with a heel spur, it is recommended to make baths from 2 large spoons of iodized salt and 1 liter of hot water. Such procedures eliminate inflammation and help soften the tissues.
- Therapeutic bath with 100 ml of medicalalcohol, 100 g of iodized salt and 50 ml of vinegar. All the ingredients are mixed and poured with hot water (2.5-3 L). Keep the foot in such a mixture until it is completely cooled. It is necessary to perform similar procedures within 2 weeks.
- A bath of 50 ml of acetic essence and 200 mlturpentine. The heel is placed in a vessel with the prepared solution and it is kept for about 30 minutes. Use these trays should be 14-20 days, after which you need to do a week-long break and repeat the course again.
Pharmacy products used at home
How to get rid of the spur (photo of the plantarfasciitis is presented in this article) with the help of pharmaceutical products? To do this, experts recommend using a special plaster, which is sold in pharmacies.
The composition of this tool includes variousmedicinal herbs, as well as such auxiliary ingredients as borneol, angelica Chinese, safflower, aconite root, magnet powder, gentian and infrared powder. They affect the acupuncture points that are located on the foot, relieve pain and eliminate inflammation.
The medical patch should be glued on a clean and dry surface of the heel, and then left for a day. After the specified time, it must be replaced with a new one, and so within 10-16 days.
In addition to the plaster, the heel spur can be curedby means of a natural cream. It was created specifically to treat the disease. The basis of such a tool is shark fat, adam root, comfrey and burdock root. Thanks to its natural composition, the cream quickly relieves pain. The original name of this drug is FitoHeel.
Prevention of disease
What is a spur on the toe? How to get rid of this disease? This disease is called "spinach". It should be noted that its manifestation is less pronounced than the symptoms of the heel spur. But in order to eliminate this pathological condition, doctors often use all the same methods as with plantar fasciitis.
How not to let the calcaneal spur develop? First, it is necessary to eliminate all the causes that contribute to its emergence. To do this, you should:
- avoid excessive physical exertion;
- get rid of excess weight;
- cure platypodia;
- wear orthopedic insoles;
- maintain a normal metabolism in the body.
Secondly, it is required to purchase a comfortable orthopedic footwear with a heel not more than 3-4 cm.
Now you know how to get rid of spurs and notto develop this disease. It should also be noted that the cause of the development of the pathological condition is often osteoporosis. Therefore, at the first sign of this disease, you should immediately contact a doctor.
If the plantar fasciitis still arose, then to histreatment should begin immediately. This is due to the fact that in the early stages of the disease, it is much easier to stop the inflammatory processes, rather than in neglected cases.