How to flash a MTS phone?
Watch the video
Because of the high competition in the cellular market,operators use any means available to them in order to attract new subscribers. Recently, some mobile phone companies have started to produce their own branded phones, the price of which, as a rule, is an order of magnitude lower than that of similar models of other manufacturers. Such a phone will work correctly only with the sim card of the operator that issued it.
In this article we will try to figure out how to unlock the MTS phone so that it can be used with SIM cards from other operators.
Instruction for firmware
Before you flash the MTS phone, pay attention to the fact that after a flashing the warranty for it is automatically lost:
- In order to flash the phone, you will needdownload the program that allows you to create a backup or restore point of the system, corresponding to your phone model, the firmware installation program (the most popular is the SP Flash Tool), and also the new firmware (drivers and utilities).
- Install CWM Recovery and SP Flash Tool on your computer.
- Disconnect the drivers and utilities of the new firmware into one of the folders on the phone.
- Disable the antivirus and close all background programs.
- Turn off the phone and remove the battery.
- Connect your phone to the computer.
- Run the SP Flash Tool.
- Open the Scatter-file.
- Uncheck all items except Recovery.
- In the SP Flash Tool, click the Download button.
- Wait for the download to finish and disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Turn on the phone while pressing the power button and the volume up button.
- In the menu that appears, select the folder into which the files were placed on the 3 items.
- Wait until the firmware is finished.
More practical tips can be found in the instructions section for cell phones.