How to eat millet?
Millet is a cereal cultivated from cultivatedvarieties of millet, one of the earliest cultures grown in ancient China and Mongolia. Millet is not only yellow. It can be white, red, and even gray. But yellow grains have the best taste qualities. In this article we will tell you how to eat millet correctly, and in what form it is usually served.
- Unlike other cereals, millet for a long time does notto be stored. First of all, this is due to the high content of fat in it, which eventually begins to oxidize, so that the porridge begins to produce an unpleasant smell and its taste becomes rancid. Therefore, millet porridge should always be eaten fresh. And it's even better to cook pies or casseroles out of it.
- Before you cook something from millet, carefullyCheck the groats for cleanliness. If necessary, go through it manually. After all the procedures, rinse the rump thoroughly with water. The last rinse must be done in hot water. Cook the millet in a large amount of liquid, until it is half cooked. As soon as you notice that the millet begins to unfold, drain all the water, and then pour the milk in the porridge, which will finish the process of further cooking. So you can significantly increase the taste of porridge, and will be able to eliminate a specific smell.
How to eat millet correctly
Most often, from the millet are cooked ordinary porridge, which is served on the table in hot form with the addition of oil. But skillful housewives can prepare whole culinary masterpieces from millet.
- Millet millet porridge - a kind of dish frommillet, in which milk is used as an additional component. True lovers and gourmets of millet, say that this is the most optimal way of making millet cereal, at which all taste qualities are felt, and also its negative smells are eliminated. Milk porridge in itself is a sweet product, and therefore often it is loved not only by adults, but also by children.
- Millet porridge with pumpkin is another speciescooking this cereal. In addition to milk and butter, pumpkin puree is added to the ready-made millet. At the same time, not only the taste qualities of these products are combined, but also their useful properties. Also, the pumpkin, gives the wheat a sweet, slightly honeyy flavor, which makes it quite interesting.
- Karavai - yes, imagine, from millet porridgeyou can even make a loaf! This is quite a delicious and specific dish, which our mistresses have long admired. If you want to puzzle a loved one, and also present him something new for dinner, you will not lose it if you make a loaf of millet.
- Casserole - probably one of the most delicious dishesfrom millet. Not only is there a lot of vitamins and nutrients in the dish, and the dish itself has a tender taste of millet porridge in milk, with notes of fresh baked goods and a fragrant crusty crust.
- Porridge with prunes and nuts - you can say itpeculiar cereal muesli. A bunch of useful products - nuts, prunes, dried apricots, and a very pleasant taste. Such a cereal will not leave anyone indifferent, raise vitality and give the body an energy boost.
- Pilaf from millet - if you are a passionate admirer of meat,and even more pilaf, you just have to try this dish. The combination of fatty kinds of meat and fine flavoring qualities of millet, will make simply tremendous combination. Pilaf from millet is very nutritious and quite high-calorie, this dish will be a great dinner in addition with a fresh salad.
Now you know how to eat millet, and how it is prepared and consumed by our folk craftsmen. Enjoy your meal!