How to connect Lumia to a computer?
Watch the video
Nokia Lumia owners may need to transfer files from the phone to the computer. There are several ways to do this, consider them in more detail.
Using the USB cable
In this method, we will use the Zune program. Therefore, before you connect Lumiya to your computer, you must download this program to your computer.
Then act like this:
- Install the Zune program on your PC by clicking on the downloaded file for this.
- Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
- Wait for the Zune software to automatically start, and then follow the program instructions (you will need to give a name to the phone, make the necessary settings, and so on).
Many people do not always use a USB cable. In this case, it is recommended that after installing the Zune program, you synchronize your computer and Nokia Lumia using your home WiFi network. This is done in this way:
- Connect the phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Run the Zune program and go to the "Settings" section.
- Select "Phone" from the menu that opens and then "Wireless synchronization". After that, you can transfer files without the USB cable.
Alternative connection option
Connect "Nokia Lumiya" to the computer can also be as follows:
- Go to the "Start" menu, and then select the "Run" command in it.
- In the window that opens, write the following value: regedit, and then click on "Ok".
- You will see another window, in the left part select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then CurrentControlSet and Enum, and then USB.
- Press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + F.
- The search window opens, enter the word ZuneDriver in it and press Enter.
- In the tab that appears, select the Device Parameters folder, and then click EnableLegacySupport.
- Select "Change" and change "0" to "1".
- Click on the line PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell, where you want to change "1" to "0", and in ShowInShell "0" to "1".
- Once again, connect your phone to a PC and use it to transfer files.