How to configure a D-link Dir-615 router?
Watch the video
The D-link router Dir-615 uses a highpopularity, because it is distinguished by its reliability and excellent power. Becoming the owner of such a device, it is necessary to configure it. It's the only way it will work correctly. In this you will be helped by the instruction, which tells in detail how to configure the Dir 615 router.
Connecting the router to the PC
First you need to connect the deviceto a computer or laptop. To do this, you need to take a cable for the Internet and install it in the Internet port of your modem, and connect its other end to the router socket with the inscription WAN. Furthertake an Ethernet cable, which will definitely go in the kit to the device. One end of it is installed to the network card of the PC, and the other to the LAN port on the purchased device.
Then you need to go to the settings of the router. The detailed process of how to do this is described in this article: http://elhow.ru/internet/kak-zajti-v-nastrojki-routera. In short, you will need to open any browser, write the address of the device in its line, by default it looks like this: 192.168.0.1, and then click on Enter. After that the window for authorization appears, you will need to enter the password and the name that are written on the bottom cover of the router, by default they look like this: admin / admin.
First of all you need to configure the Internet on this router. This is done in this way:
- Go to the router menu and select WAN. In it, click onthe Network tab.
- You will see a list of connections. They need to be deleted with the Delete button. Then click on the "Add" option.
- The configuration window opens. It will need to select the type of connection that your ISP uses to transfer the Internet. As a rule, this is "Dynamic IP", so you need to click on this option in the "Connection Type" tab, and then click on "Apply".
Setting up a Wifi network
To configure Wifi on a Dir 615 router, you need to do the following:
- Select the line "Advanced settings" in the main menu of the device, in the tab, click on "General" under the word Wi-Fi.
- Before you get the window settings. In it, check the box next to the line"Enable wireless connection", and then click on "Change".
- Now go to "Basic Settings" and in the field "Network Name" specify the following command: SSID. Then save the changes by clicking on the "OK" button.
If you wish that neighbors do not useyour Wi-Fi, then go to the "Security Settings" tab and select the line "Network Authentication" in it. Then click on "", and then go to the section "PSK encryption key" and in the appeared field enter the password for Wi-Fi (at least 8 characters), write it down and click on the "Edit" button.
How to update firmware on a D-link router Dir-615
Now you need to update the firmwareon the router, since the one that is normally present on such devices is obsolete, which can cause errors during operation. This is done in this way:
- From the router menu, select the "Software Update" section. In it, download the new version of the firmware that you first need to download to your PC at this address: ftp.dlink.ru.
- Make the save with the "OK" button. Now your router is ready for correct operation.
- For more information on configuring routers, please see our other article: How to configure a router.