How to clean the ears of a cat?
To preserve the health of the ears of a cat, theirmust be cleaned regularly. It is better to start doing this from the age of eight weeks. If you carry out this procedure often, your pet will quickly get used to it and it will pass easily. But it is important to properly clean the ears of the cat.
Let's talk in detail about how to do it.
What you need to clean your ears
To such procedure, as cleaning of ears, it is necessaryin advance to prepare. First, you will need to buy cotton buds. They do not have to be homemade, that is, from a match and wrapped wound fleece, because with such an item you can damage the ear of the animal.
Secondly, you will need to purchase a special gel for cleaning your ears. It is sold in pet stores and is quite inexpensive. Its main function is the dilution and dissolution of dirt and sulfur.
You will also need to prepare a towel or blanket to fix the animal during the procedure. In addition, you should know that the ear canal in cats has a curved L-shape.
How to clean ears for cats
So that you can properly clean the ears of a cat or cat, you must follow this instruction:
- Wrap the animal in a blanket or towel so that only the head remains visible.
- Use your index finger and your thumb to grasp the earcat, and with the other hand turn her head so that you have a fully visible auditory passage. Look at it for signs of excretion, dirt and redness. Remember that an unpleasant smell indicates the presence in the ear passage of infection or fungus, and this requires qualified treatment.
- Keeping the animal's ear, apply the acquiredmeans according to the instruction (usually 3-5 drops on the inner surface). Then drip it into the ear canal and start massaging the base of the ear for 20-30 seconds. This will distribute the product evenly.
- Now take the cotton swab and clean itan ear concha. Do it all carefully, paying attention to the reaction of your pet. If it starts to twitch or mew, then clean the wadding stick not so deeply and softer.
- After the procedure, do not forget to praise your pet and give him a treat.