How to catch a chub?
Chub is a fairly large river fish witha broad forehead, red feathers and a black tail fin. The usual weight of this fish is from 300 to 800 grams, but there are individuals reaching 4-5 kg. The chub is distinguished by its agility and fearfulness, therefore, despite its widespread distribution in the rivers of the middle and southern bands of Russia, it is quite difficult to catch this fish. In this article, we'll look at how to catch a chub, which bait to use and how to catch. Before embarking on the practice of catching chubby, let's look at his lifestyle.
Chub belongs to omnivorous species of fish, but its food is very seasonal in nature. Consider what the chub pecks at different times of the year.
- In the spring it is especially effective to catch a chub to worms, small fishes, mollusks.
- In the summer the chub eats insects and algae, especially likes grasshoppers.
- In the autumn - frogs and small fish.
Large chubs are very voracious predators,absorbing the mass of gudgeons and stickers, as well as everything that gets into the water, up to the fruits of cherries, bird cherries, and mice. The chub is mostly fed from morning till night, but in summer it can eat at night, especially on full moon days. Large individuals rest during the day, going hunting for small fish to river rides only in the late evening. Often, hunting continues all night.
During the spawning period, coinciding with the flowering of bird cherry, the chub swims into shallow channels with a rapid current and a firm bottom. At the end of spawning, the fish go to summer habitat for fattening.
Considering where to catch chub in summer, it should beto mention that this fish prefers rumblings, overgrown with roots of trees and bushes, places of the river under driftwood and fallen trees. Also, fish are often found near dams, dams, pillars of pile bridges, in pools under the steep banks. Especially the chub likes swirls, the boundaries of two currents. This fish avoids places with muddy bottom and without current.
With the onset of autumn, when insects are gone,the chub moves to a depth. And by winter it falls into a half asleep state, having stopped in the wintering pits. During the thaw period, the chub goes to small places with weak currents for fattening.
Some anglers believe that the most successfulThe time for catching the chub is summer. However, knowing the features of the lifestyle of this fish can successfully catch it in the winter. Next, we will consider effective methods of catching at different times of the year.
So, let's find out how to catch a chub in the summer.
The best time for catching chubby comes in the middle of June and lasts until the end of summer. In July, during the intense heat and abundance of nocturnal butterflies, the chub is biting badly, as it manages to eat overnight.
- Choose for bait dark and unprepared grasshoppers. Before sitting on the hook, break their long legs.
- Use a straight hook No. 8-9 with a round bend, a normal fore length and a well-honed sting
- Plant one large or several small grasshoppers one by one, inserting a hook below the head from the side of the insect's back. Be sure to remove the hook stitch outward.
- As a basic gear, float and fly fishing rods are perfect, this is due to the fact that the chub is mainly fed in the upper layer of water.
- Also, a spinning with a float-load made of foam, cork or wood and weighted with lead is suitable. This float allows you to aim and far to throw the bait.
Because of the care and resourcefulness of this fish,catch chalk in the winter - a great success, because even in the places of its numerous congestion, not every fisherman manages to catch this fish. As already mentioned, the chub goes to small places during thaws, therefore at frost no lower than -5 degrees it can be caught on sandbanks with depth up to 3 meters with a moderate current. Such shoals, as a rule, are located above the places of the chubby sites.
Consider how to catch the winter chub:
- Remember that the chub is very shy, try not to make noise again, because it can scare away the cautious fish for a long time. And in this way you will spoil your whole fishing.
- Drill holes, wait for 20-30 minutes, and then darken them with a litter or reed. Only then can I start fishing.
- On sunny days at the beginning of winter, the chub is goodpecks at small white spoon-baiters up to 4 cm long. The bait should be carried out near the bottom, avoiding jerks at a height of 50 cm or more. Combine small jerks by 20-30 cm with short pauses up to 2 seconds.
- On the first and last ice the chub is goodcaught with a fishing rod or a float. There is a natural question about what to catch a chub in the winter, using just these gear. Try fry, bloodworm, worm, raw liver, caddis flies or chicken guts. However, there are absolutely unexpected situations when the chub in winter bites on the dough with sunflower oil.
- From mormyshkys the models fromsilvered lead in the form of an elongated drop (up to 2 cm in length), which are equipped with a hook number 5-6. The amplitude and frequency of oscillation of this mormyshka should be the same as in the winter fishing of perch. Leave the bait near the bottom, occasionally lifting it to a height of not more than 50 cm.
- Fix the fishing rod with a line to 0.2 mm thick, a sensitive nod and a coil. When the chub is pecking, the nod will bend sharply.
- It should be done confidently, but not too much. Large specimens vygazhivayut with hagoric.
So, we found out how and what to catch the chub indifferent times of the year. This will allow you to select the appropriate gear and its habitats. We wish you success in catching this interesting fish and successful bite!