How to care for a cat?
A small miracle has appeared in your house - a kitten. Now he will become your friend and an integral part of the family. You should understand that this wad of wool is not at all toy, but real. In the first days it will be difficult for him to be in an unknown situation, he can be sad, look for his mother, his sisters and brothers. Therefore, be more attentive to the new being, both in the early days and in the subsequent.
How to take care of a cat
- Affectionate treatment. Do not scream at the cat, you can not scare her or beat her. Whatever you tell her will remain misunderstood. It just harbors fear and resentment, but you will not achieve what you want.
- Restroom. The most common problems are associated with a cat toilet. Remember, cats are too clean and that they go to the toilet on the proper place, you must always keep this place in perfect order. The toilet should be washed, and its filled with clean. Show your pet this toilet and do not despair if he does not first walk into it. Have enough patience. In no case, do not poke the muzzle in the puddle, do not grab him by the scruff and do not throw him into the toilet with screams, he will not be able to understand you correctly, but will be frightened and will always go around his toilet.
- Diseases. Even if you know perfectly well how to care for domestic cats, do not take the medication yourself. A sick cat can not be cured with human medicines, chosen at your discretion. Only a veterinarian chooses medications, and therefore, if you notice a strange behavior in the animal, then immediately take it to a veterinary clinic.
- Food. A small kitten, torn from the mother's breast, may have difficulty digesting for several days. Shop milk kittens are often poorly tolerated, so feed it with cottage cheese and other sour-milk products. Do small portions because your new friend's stomach is still too tiny.
Do not feed the cat with fish alone, make up a diet of such foods:
- Minced meat without spices and salt, beef or veal meat,
- Cooked soft-boiled or raw egg once a week,
- Any porridge, except for oatmeal,
- Raw and boiled vegetables that are served with meat.
- Dairy products,
- Fresh boiled water.
How to care for a pregnant cat
How long to last a cat's pregnancy is still unknown. The period is approximately 9 weeks and increases if the kittens are long-haired.
In the first month, you can hardly understand if your cat is pregnant, since she will just gain weight. But there are those who are tormented by morning vomiting. Already by the 35th day the stomach begins to increase.
Some practical advice
How to care for a British cat
British cats usually have not only external beauty, but also good health. For her, vaccinations are very important, protecting against various diseases.
The first thing you need
- Tray for toilet,
- A bowl for eating,
- Sleeping area.
Correctly balance the diet of the British. Do not feed him the same that you eat yourself. He should not eat milk, sausages, sausages, etc. Let's eat kefir, quail eggs, low-fat cottage cheese.
How to care for a Persian cat
Persian cats have a very beautiful longwool, which requires your special attention. If you decide to bring the Persian to your house, you should know how to comb it and how to comb it.
How to care for a cat's fur
- Bathing. Every 2-4 weeks bathe the Persian cat. In particular, this procedure should be done when it begins to shed.
If you have castrated a cat, then bathing should be done more often to get rid of sebaceous gland secretions.
Use your baby's shampoo or adult for your cat, but not 2 in 1. It's even better to use a special shampoo for cats from our or American manufacturer.
Each bath should end with thorough rinsing of the coat. Rinse the shampoo thoroughly with warm water. Then wrap the pet in a towel and pat the hair to remove moisture.
Make sure that after each bath, the animal has a minimum of 8 hours in a warm room without drafts.
- Combing. Before you start drying, the coat needs to be combed thoroughly. Comb the cat in the direction of hair growth. Continue brushing during drying.
So that your Persian hair always shinesbeauty and health, you need to purchase a special antistatic for animals with long hair to remove the static stress of the wool. They are easy to use: just spray the product at a distance of 15-20 cm from the wool, and this light cloud will save your cat from rolling and electrified wool.
Now you know the general rules how to care for a cat. Health to you and your pets!