How to bake a leg with a leg of lamb?
Watch the video
Lamb - useful meat, rich in vitamins, so it should be prepared from a variety of dishes that are very delicious.
In this article we will tell you how to bake a leg with a leg of mutton.
The recipe for roast lamb's baking
The leg of lamb is very juicy, if baked in the oven. From this dish all household members will be delighted, and if you cook it on a festive table, it will become a real sensation.
Preparing the marinade
To make the leg of lamb soft and juicy,before baking it must be marinated. In principle, you can choose any recipe marinade, but if you do not have a loved one, it is better to use the described below. It will require the following products:
- 30 ml of mayonnaise;
- 30 ml of tomato paste;
- 30 ml cream or sour cream;
- salt, pepper, thyme, cinnamon - to taste.
Mix all the ingredients described above to make a homogeneous mass. Let it brew for 10 minutes. More marinade recipes can be found in our article How to pickle lamb.
Cooking a leg of mutton
To bake a mutton leg will need the following ingredients:
- 20 ml of vegetable oil;
- 1 carrot;
- 20 ml of red or white wine;
- 30 g of hard cheese.
- greens - to taste.
- Wash the leg with a sheep, dry it. Cut the carrots into 20 small pieces. Make incisions on the meat and place each in a piece.
- Put your foot in an iron bowl and pour the marinade. After that, leave the meat in the fridge for 5 hours.
- After this time, take lamb, take a baking tray, cover it with foil, pour oil.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, pour the meat with wine, wrap it in foil and put it in the oven for 1.5 hours.
- Scrunch the cheese on a fine grater, remove the meat from the oven and carefully unpack it. Sprinkle with cheese and put back in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After half an hour, take out the leg of lamb, lay it on a dish, sprinkle it with finely chopped herbs and serve on the table. Boiled potatoes, rice or buckwheat are suitable as side dishes.
You will find several recipes for lamb cooking in our articles. How to Cook a Leg of Legs and How to Cook Lamb.