Dry hair shampoo: how to choose a dry shampoo for different types of hair, how to use it and how to prepare it at home? TOP best dry hair shampoos with prices and reviews
Most modern women have heard of such a wonder-dry shampoo. But what is he like? How to wash your hair with shampoo, if it is dry? Answers to these questions, as well as useful tricks and lifehacks can be found in this article.
The inventor of the first dry shampoo is Hans Schwarzkopf. It happened in 1903.
Liquid shampoos began to be released only a few decades later.
The main thing in the article
The principle of action of dry shampoo for hair
When applying dry shampoo (powder), the sebum is absorbed by its particles, due to which the hair gets a fresh look. However, it is not able to completely remove other contaminants, therefore it is not suitable as an alternative to liquid shampoo.
Do not confuse dry shampoo and shampoo in the form of soap, which is also called dry and is used as the last one. These two products have completely different purpose and principle of action.
Types of dry shampoos
Dry shampoos can be aerosol or powder, and thanks to various additives there are shampoos for each type of hair.
How to use dry shampoo?
Too messy hair dry shampoo will not put in order, for this it is better to use the standard method.
What do we have to do:
- Make sure your hair is completely dry.
- Comb them well.
- Shake the can vigorously if using a spray.
- Spray the shampoo little by little on the roots from a distance of at least 20 cm strand by strand.
Using powder, sprinkle very little hair roots.If indicated in the instructions, rub in light movements. Use this amount of shampoo, which you can then completely remove with a comb or hair dryer.
- Shake hair a little, letting the shampoo evenly distributed.
- Wait a few minutes.
- Comb your hair thoroughly, thus removing excess dry shampoo from your hair.
How often can I use dry shampoo?
Given that it affects mainly fat, and this is far from the only thing that makes hair dirty - definitely not often. In addition, with repeated use in a row, the tool will begin to accumulate, so it is recommended to use dry shampoo 1-2 times between washing the head.
How to choose a dry shampoo by hair type?
- Choose a shampoo, considering the color of the hair. This will reduce the likelihood that it will be noticeable if some particles still remain on the head. Brunettes and brown-haired women need to pay attention to shampoos with tint additives.
- Aerosol is definitely more suitable for thick curls than a powder version - it is easier to comb out without residue.
- For weakened hair, prepare shampoo yourself or choose ready, given this feature.How to make a shampoo with your own hands, consider below.
Dry shampoo for oily hair
Oily hair dry shampoo will be a real find: with it, you can avoid everyday hair washing, while remaining irresistible.
TM Klorane shampoo for oily hair
It removes excess fat and shine, contributes to the regulation of the sebaceous glands, has a pronounced odor. Has the most positive reviews.
"Expert-Balance" from Oriflame
This shampoo-spray is more suitable for blondes, because white hair is still noticeable on dark hair after application. Neutralizes grease and pollution.
Dry shampoo for greasy roots and dry tips
For oily roots and dry tips, use shampoo for hair that is prone to fat, and process the ends with natural oils. In addition, such a manipulation will give your hair a light and pleasant aroma.
Anti-Grease Dry Shampoo for oily and normal hair from Syoss
Shampoo cope with their work, but the reviews are mixed. Among the minuses - it remains noticeable on the hair (it is quite difficult to remove completely) and a pronounced smell for an amateur.
Dry shampoo to give volume to hair
Sachajuan Volume powder
It gives a noticeable and stable volume, structures and refreshes hair. Suitable for small dirt. As part of natural absorbents and the absence of talc. Designed for all types of hair of different lengths, there is also a special shampoo for brunettes. Among the shortcomings can be noted a considerable price.
Best dry shampoos: our rating
Among the endless offers of manufacturers of dry shampoos, according to different criteria, we managed to single out two undisputed leaders.
Klorane Dry Shampoo Series
Cosmetics of this brand have a healing effect, with the exception of dry shampoos. Hypoallergenic and, according to the manufacturer's website, you can use them quite often. Dry shampoos are presented in three types:
- with nettle extract,
- milk oats,
- toning for brunettes with oats milk.
TM BATISTE dry shampoos
The leading position in the number of satisfied customers confidently holds the line of dry Batiste shampoos. Among the considerable assortment, each woman will choose a suitable shampoo for her hair type. Where to buy dry shampoo, you can find on the official website: batistehair.ru
Dry hair shampoo: reviews and prices
Manufacturers of all dry shampoos promise fresh curls and almost always "the volume of your hair without weighting." But is it? Consider a few well-known brands.
As an example, the classic dry shampoo mentioned above line. Judging by the majority of reviews - copes with its task, gives volume and shine, is not noticeable on the hair.
Price - from 500 p. for 200 ml.
Dove hair therapy
In general, has positive reviews, however, girls who have experienced the remedy, pay attention that the shampoo should really be very actively shaken and applied at a distance of at least 20-30 cm, otherwise the hair will look even dirtier.
Price - 355 p.
Styliste Ultime Biotin and Volume by Schwarzkopf
Cleans hair from impurities and sebum, gives volume for several hours, and the effect of clean hair lasts for about one day. Surpluses are easily removed. Of the minuses note a sharp smell.
Cost about 350 p.
Refreshing shampoo "Horsepower"
Not to mention this shampoo. There are many reviews about it, and more positive ones than negative ones:
- has a convenient dispenser,
- creates a feeling of clean hair,
- does not dry your scalp,
- as part of there are caring additives and vitamins, as the manufacturer claims.
- some note a significant dullness of hair after application,
- almost all agreed that the shampoo has a sharp unpleasant odor. Which, however, is not surprising, since it is positioned as a curative.
Price varies between 400-500 p.
Pros and cons of dry shampoo
The obvious charm is that you can feel confident and look attractive, giving the hair much less time than usual. But there are not very pleasant properties of this shampoo.
- Careless use (not sufficiently shaken balloon, too close to the hair spray, an excessive amount applied) will have the opposite effect.
- With frequent use there is an accumulation of shampoo and dirt residues.
- Frequent use can also cause itching, peeling, and other not very pleasant things.
- Incorrectly selected shampoo (for example, not in color) or poorly removed will be noticeable on the hair.
But! Please note that all these unpleasant moments can be avoided by following the instructions and reasonable conclusions.
Dry shampoo: when is it really needed?
- An indispensable thing on the road, traveling.
- In the absence of access to water.
- In emergency situations that have happened to each.
- With increased oily hair - is it better than washing your hair daily?
- Well, and at "attacks" of laziness. It happens: just do not want to wash my hair and that's it.
How to make a dry shampoo at home: a proven recipe
Absorbents are powdered ingredients, most of which can be found in every home. These may be:
- corn and wheat flour,
- powdered oatmeal,
- cocoa (for dark hair).
- Put as many ingredients as possible in equal parts into the container.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Fill the salt shaker or another suitable container.
A mixture of different types of powder absorbs fat most effectively.
To give a pleasant aroma, add chopped dry herbs or flowers. In this case, the remaining ingredients will need 2-4 weeks to absorb the smell.