DIY drywall installation
The essence of the method consists in the installation of drywall on metal profiles; builders get rid of complex, time-consuming and time-consuming "wet" processes: laying bricks and other piece materials, mixing and applying plaster. You can install drywall even with your own hands, without involving a construction crew. Because of the ease of construction and working processes, dry construction is also called “lightweight”.
The opinion has taken root in the minds of ordinary citizens that it is forbidden to hang massive objects on plasterboard partitions, it is impossible to achieve considerable height and normal sound insulation of the structure. Experts debunk these three basic myths. There are specific data that the partition of the GCR is able to withstand up to 70 kg per walk. m, if the manufacturer provided the core with reinforcement. Therefore, shelves, TV, decorative bricks can be mounted on the high-strength plasterboard. The issue with the height of the wall with dry construction is solved as follows: for residential and commercial areas, a height of up to 9 m on a single frame is allowed. For cinemas, soundproofing systems are erected from a gypsum plasterboard with a height of 12 m, a thickness of 600 mm, on a double spaced frame with insert-amplifiers. As for sound insulation, we can say one thing: with an equal thickness of the drywall sheets are superior to bricks and other piece materials, therefore they are more efficient and in demand.
Do-it-yourself drywall installation: work order
- For a stable, durable construction, you need a metal profile frame from a reputable manufacturer. It is better to take a corrugated profile, and not smooth.
- Before installation it is necessary to mark up the floor, walls, ceiling.
- The outer surface of the guide profiles is treated with sealing tape.
- Mount the guides on the markup.
- Rack profiles are trimmed and become 10 mm below the height of the room.
- The sealing tape is glued to the walls of the outer posts, which are then inserted into the guides and attached to the marks on the wall.
- Racks are fixed in the guides.
- Drywall is also cut to the level of -10 mm from the height of the room.Attach the sheet to the frame from the starting corner of the casing.
- Installing drywall with your own hands is done using metal screws 25 mm, the thread should be frequent. Screws are fixed on the 1st of the sides of the frame, the pitch is not more than 250 mm.
- The wiring runs through the holes in the pillars and passes through protective corrugated tubes.
- Mineral wool in the form of slabs is used as insulation, it is mounted in a frame cavity.
- Sheets of drywall are attached to the back of the frame structure, the first sheet is taken half.
- The final stages: putty and finishing.
Dry construction has a number of advantages compared with the usual: using environmentally-friendly materials; convenience, speed and ease of installation; compactness of the design itself. The secret of the popularity of drywall sheets in the modern approach to repair, as well as financial and temporary saving of resources.