New Year 2019 is just around the corner, so most housewives are already beginning to prepare for it. Everyone knows how difficult it is sometimes to prepare for a holiday, and especially for such a grandiose one. Take, for example, the choice of gifts. Well, if you know what your relatives want. But what to do if they did not give even a hint? We'll have to go shopping and try to choose something, and in the pre-Christmas fuss it is a very difficult task. We now turn to the next question, which also interests many. What dishes to cook for the New Year 2019? The question is also not easy, especially considering all the diversity in our day. Therefore, we will understand it in detail.
What dishes to include in the menu for the New Year 2019?
The symbol of 2019 is the Pig, so the dishes should be focused on the preferences of this animal. Everyone knows that Gilt loves to eat, so the whole variety of dishes should be presented on the table. Although Pig loves to eat, it’s still not worth cooking huge basins of dishes, it’s enough to cook small portions, but different dishes.
On the table should be present as much as possible greens, as well as fruits, because Pig is very fond of these products. If the table does not provide dishes with fruit, you can simply make a small cutting. It is also worth decorating all the hot dishes with greens - it will help digestion and attract good luck in the New Year 2019.
Also it is necessary to take into account the fact that, according to the advice of some astrologers, there should not be Pork meat on the table on a holiday. This is done so that the symbol of the year is not offended. But some believe that meat should be on the New Year's table. How many people, so many opinions, but decide what to believe only you yourself.
In addition, you should not forget about decorating dishes and serving the festive table. Even a small element of the decor will help turn an ordinary table in the New Year. As a decor it is recommended to use as many natural elements of a decor as possible. On the table, you can simply put a few spruce or pine twigs, they perfectly fulfill their function - they will decorate the table and create atmosphere.
Baked ham in the glaze of honey
Despite the fact that some do not recommend cooking pig meat for the New Year 2019, we still decided to include it in our list of dishes, because opinions differ.In addition to pork hams about 4 and a half kilograms, you will need the following products for cooking:
- A glass of natural honey.
- The fourth part of a glass of mustard.
- The fourth part of a glass of sugar.
- Approximately 0.08 kg butter.
- Half a teaspoon of ground cardamom.
- First of all, heat the oven to a temperature of 175 degrees. Then the pan is covered with aluminum foil. Now proceed to the preparation of ham, cut off the excess fat from the sides. Put the ham on a baking sheet and wrap in foil whole. Bake for forty-five minutes.
- Now we are preparing the dressing (sauce). To do this, mix natural honey, sugar, mustard, butter and cardamom. We do all this in a skillet, as the mass is then set on fire. Cooking it on medium light. The cooking process will last no more than three minutes, the mass must be constantly stirred. Sugar should be dissolved in oil. After removal, leave the mass to cool.
- After the ham is cooked, it should be removed from the oven. In the oven at the same time you need to increase the temperature to 220 degrees.With a sharp knife on the gammon we cut a pattern in the form of small diamonds. You need to try to make diamonds smooth.
- Then we grease our meat with dressing. Bake in the oven for about a quarter of an hour. After that, put another layer of glaze and again put in the oven for fifteen minutes. Repeat the procedure until all the icing has run out. It will take about an hour. Then leave the ham on the air for about twenty minutes, and then cut.
Ingredients for cooking:
- Eight tartlets.
- One can of cod liver.
- Ten slices of kiwi and lemon.
- Pickled gherkins - eight pieces.
- Green onions optional.
- Open a can of canned food and knead its contents with a fork.
- Finely chop the onions and cucumbers, mix with cod liver.
- Fill tartlets with filling.
- On top, put slices of kiwi and lemon.
- Everything, the dish is ready! Bon Appetit.
Perch in puff pastry
For the preparation of perch in puff pastry you will need the following products:
- About a kilo of sea bass fillet.
- Sixty grams of small boiled shrimp.
- 0.5 kg puff pastry.
- 2 tablespoons of greens (dried dill).
- Two spoons (table) of milk.
- Oil of plant origin.
- Salt and other ingredients to taste.
- To start, heat the oven to a temperature of two hundred degrees. Mix shrimp, dill and a tablespoon of oil. Add spices to taste.
- Beat eggs with milk in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the table lightly with flour, roll out half the puff pastry. The size should be the same as the fish. Put the perch, spread shrimp up. Then close the shrimp with another layer of fillet. Lubricate the dough with a beaten egg.
- The next step is the formation of a fish form. To do this, first roll out the second half of the test. Put it on top of the first half. We form the fish form and make the tail. From above we grease dough with egg. We make scales with a knife, but we do not pierce the dough. At a temperature of 200 degrees, bake for about 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180 degrees and bake for another twenty minutes.
Cones - a very symbolic decoration for the New Year's table. And if they are also edible? Everyone will just be delighted! Let's cook this dish soon!
- Cheese hard consistency - 200 grams, also need and soft cheese - 0.1 kg.
- Garlic, herbs, spices.
- Dijon mustard - half a teaspoon.
- Almond flakes - 0.3 kg.
- Cheese is placed in the freezer for freezing. Then rub it on a grater - in order to rub it was easier, we put it in the freezer. Mix grated hard and soft cheeses.
- Squeeze garlic into cheese. Add greens and mustard. Sculpt the cones. Roll almonds off cones.
- It is advisable not to roll the balls in the almonds, but rather to insert each almond separately, so that the balls really look like cones.
- Serving dish on a large plate.
So we reviewed the recipes for the New Year 2019. All of them will look on the table quite unusual and exclusive. The main thing is not to forget about the decoration and serving. Happy New Year 2019!