Coarse sand. Application
Sand is one of the main components,used not only in construction, but also in landscape design. There are many varieties of this material, and each of them is suitable for a certain type of work. In construction, large sand is most often used.
Extraction of sand
Sand - a mixture of minerals and rocks that do not connect with each other. Get it from the bottom of the river or quarry. These two species differ considerably in composition and size.
The quarry sand contains various impurities, therefore it requires more additional processing:
- Washing is done to purify unnecessary components.
- Screening - is performed in the event that unnecessary large elements, for example, stones, get into the rock.
River sand does not contain foreign impurities and is distinguished by the same size of each individual particle. Proceeding from this, it is much more expensive.
Large river sand can be met very rarely,its dimensions range from 1.5 to 2.4 mm. But the material extracted from the quarry, although it has more fine impurities, most often refers to the fraction with the highest index (2.5-3 mm).
Ready for sale, it has the following features:
- Absence of foreign impurities in the form of clay and other elements.
- With an excess of moisture, the volume of sand increases by 14% of the original state.
- 1 class of radioactivity.
- High frost resistance makes it possible not to lose its basic qualities even at low temperatures.
- Large sand is most often used in construction, for erecting the foundation of other load-bearing structures.
- It is part of concrete and cinder block.
- Also widely used in road works, with its help, asphalt is made.
- Strengthens reinforced concrete structures.
- Used for laying paving slabs. Large sand prevents the formation of puddles.
- Used for the manufacture of plaster orScreeds for cement. In this case, the most suitable material will be the building material extracted by the river method. Because the absence of various impurities contributes to the improvement of the quality of solutions.
- Widely used in brick and block production. It makes such products more durable, while at the same time protecting it from mechanical damage and the adverse effects of temperature and moisture.
- Large sand is distinguished by its protectivequalities, it does not bind with water and does not change its properties under the influence of chemical elements. That is why it is an ideal addition in various building mixtures and solutions. Due to it, the smallest shrinkage and strengthening of the material is ensured without loss of the original useful properties.
- Thanks to its neutral color and light texture,sand of coarse fraction is often used in decorating yards and other household plots, with its help built alpine slides and walkways.
- It is an indispensable material in the construction of walls made of bricks.
- Also, from large sand, special drainage is made for the foundation of the building, which will be the best protection against excess moisture.
- Used in the manufacture of septic tanks.
Due to its properties, coarse sand isA universal tool for strengthening various designs and materials. It is used in various spheres of construction, simultaneously falling into the composition of both basic and auxiliary elements. Sand differs in that it can not rot, it does not form a fungus and other manifestations of excessive moisture. It perfectly passes air and does not retain fluid inside itself. In addition, this material is environmentally friendly and safe for human health.