Car "Gazelle" bridge rear: scheme, replacement, repair and recommendations
On the domestic car "Gazelle", the rear axle is equipped with a separately modeled reducer and a stamped-welded case. The last element has a box section, welded from shell-shaped steel plates. They are attached to the back cover, the reinforcement of the reducer, springs, shock absorbers and fixing the rack brackets, brake regulator, pivot with flanges. It serves for the installation of hubs and brake elements. The main transmission of the bridge and its differential are installed in the crankcase of the reducer, bolted to the skeleton of the node under consideration.
To ensure that the car "Gazelle" bridge back served reliably and for a long time, it is recommended to follow several rules of its maintenance. The main ones are the following.
It is necessary to check the absence of oil leakage on the cuffs of the drive gear and the wheel hub, and also through the gasket of the gear housing and the flanges of the semi-axles, the filling and drain cover. It should be noted that the appearance of condensate in these places does not indicate a leak, if there are no signs of falling drops.
It is necessary to check the oil level in the crankcase, if necessary top up the working fluid.
Replace the oil according to the special grease card.
It is required to check the tightening torque of the gearbox fixing bolts, the semi-axles and the adjustment of the wheel hub bearings.
Below is a diagram of the node under consideration.
Main features of the malfunction
Pay attention to the operation of the rear axle if there is at least one of the signs listed below:
- Increased noise and hum in working condition.
- Incorrect operation of the node with fluctuations (pulsing noise).
- The appearance of high-pitched sounds (howls).
- Loud knocking in the area of the node under consideration when the accelerator is activated during bends or when coasting.
- Constant non-standard sounds and crunch.
In addition, the car "Gazelle" bridge back requires repair, if there is a leak of oil through the crankcase, cuff or drain plugs.
Ways to eliminate defects
Below are the main problems and ways to eliminate them.
The fixing bolts or nuts of the driven gear are loosened, the crankcase - it is required to tighten the fastening elements.
Wear, the appearance of play gear loops or differential - you need to check the condition of the elements, if necessary, replace them or adjust the tension.
Insufficient oil level or use of a non-recommended liquid - replenish the level to normal or replace the oil with a suitable option.
There are scuffs, cracks, chips on bearings, gear teeth - replace defective parts.
Clogging the breather - make it clean.
Excessive wear of the elements - the issue is solved by installing new ones.
If the crankcase, gaskets or the stuffing box of the rear axle ("Gazelle") flow, it is necessary to replace the unusable parts.
Where to start disassembly and replacement
In order to repair the node under consideration and to replace the faulty parts, it is necessary to disassemble the rear axle, which is quite a complicated and painstaking task. The following step-by-step instructions describe the steps for dismantling:
- Special bolts are used to unscrew the bolts (10 pcs.) Securing the reducer.
- The reducer is taken out carefully so as not to damage the gasket (it is more convenient to carry out the work on the stand).
- The flange of the drive gear and the cuff are removed, after which the marks of the arrangement of the covers are placed relative to the bearing nuts and the crankcase itself.
- The flange is removed with a cuff, with the help of a key, the bolts of the locking plates are loosened, which are removed.
- The cap of the bearing caps is unscrewed with a spanner or socket wrench, after which they are dismantled.
- With the use of a screwdriver or a key, the adjusting nuts are removed, then a box of satellites.
- In the case of the reverse installation of the same bearings, their outer rings are marked for mounting on the old seats.
- To simplify the assembly, labels are also placed on the satellite box, after which the bolts for securing the gear are loosened.
The dismantling and replacement of the rear axle ("Gazelle") continues on the following points:
- light hammer blows on the knockout knocks and removes the gear from the box;
- using a special tool or chisel, which is inserted between the end of the inner ring of the bearing and the differential box, the ringlet is shifted to the side and removed through the gap formed by mounting blades (screwdrivers);
- put marks of the location of the differentials with respect to the satellite axes, the fasteners are loosened;
- The box is disconnected by tapping a soft hammer with a hammer;
- half-axle gears and support washers are removed;
- The driving gear is dismounted in a manner analogous to the opening of the box;
- the adjusting and external bearing rings are removed.
The shank of the rear axle ("Gazelle") and other elements should not have cracks, chips and deformations. All worn parts must be replaced. Before assembling the parts, it is necessary to lubricate and carry out the installation procedure in the mirror order.
After hundred thousand kilometers of run experts recommend to replace bearings in the considered site, irrespective of their condition. If there are signs of malfunction, and the repair of the rear axle ("Gazelle") is delayed, in order to avoid a more serious breakdown, several rules should be observed.
First, do not overload the car, especially in the summer. Secondly, to minimize the use of the first gear, driving on which has a particularly negative effect on the gearbox. In addition, it is necessary to avoid a sharp start, steep and prolonged lifts.
At the "Gazelle" car, the rear axle will last longer if you buy and use only quality and recommended oil, do not replace it at least every 35-40 thousand kilometers. Timely elimination of backlashes, avoiding slip on snow or dirt, also contribute to an increase in the life of this unit.