Can pregnant women swim?
Doctors often advise pregnant women to swim more often,but some women are not sure that such a physical load will have a beneficial effect on their health and the health of their unborn child. About whether it is possible for pregnant women to swim and whether there are contraindications to this occupation, and we will go further.
Can pregnant women swim: benefits and contraindications
The objective advantages of swimming during pregnancy are:
- ideal balance of the necessary physical load (distribution of the load on all muscle groups);
- minimal possibility of injury;
- the possibility of complete relaxation and relaxation of the body due to the reduction of gravity in the water;
- the possibility of psychological unloading;
- possibility to reduce the load on the cardiovascular system, the most vulnerable during pregnancy;
- the ability to improve blood circulation, get rid of stagnation of lymph (especially in the lower extremities and in the abdomen);
- the ability to control weight during pregnancy;
- thanks to swimming, the fetus takes the right position in the uterus, which is especially important in late pregnancy.
More information on how useful swimming lessons for expectant mothers can be found in the article on our website. Is it possible to swim pregnant?
Contraindications to swimming during pregnancy
Before you start swimming, pregnant women should always consult a doctor, since, unfortunately, there are a number of contraindications to swimming. These include:
- risk of miscarriage;
- placenta previa;
- vaginal discharge of any kind;
- allergy to chlorinated pool water. About whether it is possible for pregnant women to swim in the pool, you can read in the article on our website. Is it possible to pregnant women in the pool.
Summing up, we can say that swimming during pregnancy is useful, but it is not necessary without the advice of a doctor to increase the load, as well as neglect contraindications.