Bags with your own handsJuly 17, 2010
Bags with their own hands have long been mastered by needlewomen, but every year fashion trends change and new models of bags appear. Self-fabrication of bags requires some experience in sewing, but often sewing home-made bags is not difficult, so even a beginner in tailoring can make it. Men's leather bag is quite a complicated product, which is made by true masters of their craft. This item requires a very high-quality leather factory-made various types, modern cutting patterns and strong piercing material. Therefore, it is better to buy a bag at the above link.
Sewing bags can be made both from new materials and redoing old things, for example, jeans - excellent bags in a youth style come out of them. And from the new fabrics you can sew a variety of bags. In this article we will focus on tailoring a summer beach bag of bright colors, which will be useful to you both at work and on vacation.
Materials and tools
For the summer bag, we need:
- 20 squares of different fabric measuring 8 by 8 cm in white-pink-red shades;
- 2 strips of fabric in a cell 40x12 cm;
- strip for facing the top of the bag from monochrome fabric 80x10 cm;
- 2 pieces of cloth for the drawstring 40 × 25;
- 2 pieces of fabric for the lining 40 × 30 cm;
- two pieces of compactor for 40 x 30 cm bag walls;
- seal for the bottom 33.5 x 10 cm.
- cord, ribbon, tape.
Dimensions are excluding seam allowances. Usually the allowance is taken equal to 1 cm.
Handmade bag - master class
- 1. We sew small squares of fabric on 5 pieces. in two strips, which are then stitched together and we get the central part of the bag walls. We attach this part to the seal, retreating from the upper cut of 3 cm, and we attach to the seal on a horizontal seam. Squares of fabric must be quilted around the perimeter. The lining detail is applied to the patchwork part face to face, we combine the cuts and grind them together with a compactor at a height of 8 cm from the central seam of the patchwork detail. Detail of the lining is bent down and ironed. We perform the same procedure with the second wall.
- 2. Sew the parts of the bag along the side seams and turn it out.
- 3. We trim the upper edge of the bag with a strip of fabric, then fold it into the bag and tack it.
- 4. The main element of the bag is ready with your own hands.
- 5.We determine the convenient length of the handles and proceed to their manufacture. Inside the handles better to insert the seal. Handles fasten to the bag from the inside to the seam facing.
- 6. Then we sew the details of the lining horizontally, having on top of that part which will serve as a curtain for the bag lock. For it should be done allowances for 3-4 cm more than the bottom. We sew the side seams of the lining details and iron them.
- 7. Turn the lining on the front side. Bend the curtain of the lock inward at a distance of 13 cm from the seam line of the two lining fabrics, we catch, iron and mark the place of the drawstring 2 cm from the edge and attach it.
- 8. We sew the side seam between the seams of the drawstring in order to put the bag cord there.
- 9. We put the lining with the drawstring in the bag and combine the side seams, fixing them with pins. The padlock of the lock should go beyond the top edge by 10 cm.
- 10. Attach the lining to the bag along the seam joining the facing on the front side.
- 11. We decorate this seam with braid.
- 12. In order for the lining to lie flat between the walls of the bag and the lining, we lay pieces of a spiderweb fabric and iron it.
- 13. We cut out the bottom of the bag, fix it with flizelin and sintepon and put it between the details of the bottom of the fabric and draw the outline of the bottom of the bag.From the top edge of the bag we measure the height of the bag (28 cm) and make marks on the bottom edge. We connect these marks with each other and get a line joining the bottom of the bag. On it we sweep the bottom and the bag.
- 14. We attach the bottom and remove the basting.
- 15. We process a connecting seam with an oblique inlay.
- 16. We put the cord in the drawstring and we pull it down.