Baby chair do it yourselfMay 22, 2011
If you are in search of comfortable furniture for the child, you can make a highchair with your own hands. Plastic chairs are practical, but not very environmentally friendly and often uncomfortable, and wooden children's furniture presented in stores costs a lot. Self-made wooden highchair is much cheaper. With the savings, you can buy a child more than one educational game in which he will play sitting on the chair you have made. Children's puzzle games will help your child develop thinking speed, fine hand motor skills and ingenuity.
For the manufacture of furniture it is necessary to prepare: bars with a section of 50x50, 25x50, 25x25, edged board 25 mm thick. You will also need a variety of tools for wood. All high chair materials must be of high quality and well dried. In this case, the chair will last a long time.
Baby chair do it yourself
- 1. Begin with the manufacture of legs.Saw off two blanks with a length of 27 cm and 2 - a length of 52 cm. These details are processed on a workbench using a planer, cutting all 4 sides to a size of 40x40 mm. In the presence of a vice, you can clamp the workpiece in them, and the occurrence of dents from the device can be prevented by installing shims made of thin aluminum or plywood. After processing the legs with a plane, they make a markup (as in the figure) and cut off the extra layers of wood with an electric jigsaw.
- 2. Now go to the manufacture of the back and the bars of the highchair. To do this, prepare the workpiece crossbar length of 17 cm and backrest length of 16 cm. All blanks are cut with an allowance of 50 mm, necessary for further processing. Handle these parts in the same way as the legs. The result should be crossbars with the following dimensions: 10x15 mm, 20x20 mm and 20x 45 mm. For sitting use two boards with dimensions of 150x250x25 mm. They are planted from four sides as shown in the figure. After processing at the junction of the boards there should be no gap. After processing, the edges go to the corners, rounding them according to the pattern. After processing the parts with a jigsaw and a plane it is necessary to go over them with an emery paper.In this case, special attention should be paid to the ends of the legs of the chair, which should be perfectly smooth.
- 3. The manufacture of locking elements is as follows: a drill is drilled on the legs according to the marking of blind holes to facilitate work with the chisel. Then chisel and chisel remove excess wood from the groove.
- 4. On the crossbeams you need to cut the spikes according to the picture.
- 5. Before assembly, it is necessary to determine the method of fastening the crossbars and legs: spikes. On glue or with nails. In this example, the wedge method is used. On the spikes of the crossbars, cuts are made for the entire length of the spike and 5 mm wide. It is also necessary to prepare wedges with a width greater than the width of the groove by half a millimeter and shorter by five mm. Before mounting the crossbar in the grooves of the legs, we insert a wedge into this cut and assemble the parts using a mallet. In this case, the wedge expands the spike and thus prevents the chair from loosening. After preparation of all elements it is possible to make assembly of a stool. All connections on the thorns for greater strength oil coat with white glue. After the frame is assembled, the seat is installed using screws and bars of 15x15 mm.It is better to pre-drill holes in the bars for the screws, so that they do not burst when tightening the fastener. We fasten these bars to the inner side of the bars, and then attach the seat to them. After assembly the stool is painted with paint or varnished.