Anti-worm drugs for people: classification, features
Diseases that result fromvital activity of parasites in the human body, are united by one common name - helminthiasis. Worms (helminths), affecting the human body, are divided into 3 main groups:
- nematodes (roundworms);
- trematodes (flat worms);
- cestodes (tapeworms).
In the place of their "habitat" they are intestinal andextraintestinal. Such a clear classification is introduced not in vain: antihelminthic drugs for people who destroy one type of worm are absolutely safe for others. Treatment of helminthiasis is carried out under the supervision of a doctor and in a hospital environment, since the appearance of such a side effect as intoxication is not excluded. It is necessary to strictly follow the instructions when taking antihelminthic drugs. For people, dosage is extremely important, you can not change it yourself: with incorrect reception, some types of worms do not perish, but migrate from their habitual place of residence to other organs or systems.
Classification of anthelmintic drugs by their type of action
Anthelmintics, for humansintended, affect the biological structure of worms and the biochemical processes taking place in their tissues. According to this, all drugs are divided into 4 types.
- Blocking of nerve impulses in muscle tissues of worms, which causes their complete paralysis. After a while, parasites are excreted from the body together with feces.
- Blocking the absorption of glucose by helminths, which is the cause of their death.
- They cause dysfunction of the intestinal cells of the parasite, as a result of which they die.
- Combined effects on biochemical processes and the ability to move.
Preparations for the most common types of helminthiases
For the treatment of roundworms, the following antihelminthic drugs for humans are used:
- Piperazine syrup. Its main advantage is safe use during pregnancy and for children up to 1 year.
- Syrup "Pirantel". The action of the drug causes paralysis of the musculature of the worms, completely immobilizing them. Repeat the drug should be after 14 days, since it does not affect the larvae.
- Tablets "Levamisol" have not only an anthelmintic effect, but also increase immunity.
Anthelmintic preparations for people broad spectrum of action
Preparations containing albendazole affect both adult organisms and larvae. They have a number of side effects, so they should be taken only at the doctor's instructions.
- Preparations containing mebendazole, affect helminths in the stage of the larva, have a cumulative effect.
- Preparations containing prazikvantel, prescribed for infection with extraintestinal flat worms and intestinal tape.
Pinworm: treatment features
Treatment of pinworm (enterobiosis) requires specialattention, since in the case of its discovery, it is necessary to provide medical assistance to the family members of the patient, and to people who were with him in close contact. The thing is that the pinworm, creeping out from the anus, spreads its eggs on any surface: it can be furniture, toys, the body of the patient himself. These eggs can cause a re-infection even a few years after treatment. Therefore, all family members are prescribed antihelminthic drugs for prevention, and it is strongly recommended to conduct thorough wet cleaning and give adequate time to hygiene.