2018 Volvo XC60
The second generation Volvo XC60 2018 model year promises to be one of the most popular cars in its class.
The first modification of the Swedish manufacturer's XC60 rolled off the assembly line 9 years ago, so car sales gradually fell, and the company management seriously thought about releasing an updated version. To return the former glory to the crossover, engineers worked tirelessly to create an innovative vehicle. And for good reason!
Beating the closest competitors of Alfa Romeo Stelvio and Honda Odyssey, the car is recognized as the best model of 2017-2018 in the class of minivans and crossovers!
No prestigious brand will succeed without the release of a compact, attractive crossover. Volvo experts probably know this truism of automotive marketing, so they paid close attention to the appearance of the second version of the XC60.
The updated model will receive a number of updates, such as:
- rectangular headlights with original T-shaped ribbon running lights;
- the elongated shape of the rear lights bordering the trunk (like the XC90);
- maximally lowered air intake;
- increased radius of wheel arches;
- massive grille.
2018 Volvo XC60 will get more voluminousdimensionsand an extended base compared to its predecessor. The ground clearance will also be increased, thanks to which the car will be able to overcome easy off-road without any problems, and this is especially important for the Russian market.
The overall length of the crossover is now 4690 mm (+46 mm compared with the previous version), width - 1902 mm (+11 mm), and height - 1658 mm (-55mm). The wheelbase was increased immediately by 91 mm.
Despite the fact that, in terms of design, the novelty has borrowed some elements from its older "brother" XC90, it is guaranteed to acquire its own unique features that will help to stand out among the competitors.
The center console will delight connoisseurs of technological style and luxurious elegance.
Instead of two wells, in which the analog speedometer and tachometer were located, a stylish digital display appeared on the panel displaying the basic data necessary for assessing the technical condition of the car. Among other innovations that deserve attention, it should be noted:
- large screen on the central panel, used for controlling the multimedia system, and for working with the navigation system;
- leather chairs with deep backs, excellent lateral support and a large number of individual settings;
- decorative inserts of chrome, giving the interior a special touch of luxury;
- the classic round steering wheel of a three-spoke design with conveniently located quick-set buttons for the main functions;
- modern climate system;
- luxurious panoramic glass roof;
- maximum comfort for second-row passengers.
The list of the main principles that guided the Swedish company in the design of the interior included:
- quality of finishing materials.
As the wheelbase of the car has increased, there will definitely be more space in the cabin. When folding the rear row of seats, the mass of free space will be freed, the practicality of the crossover will increase, and the driver will be able to carry mid-size loads.
Technical characteristics Volvo XC60 2018
The novelty is created on the basis of the SPA platform, with the help of which such running models as the XC90, V90 and S90 are built. Thanks to this “cart” and the use of lightweight metals, the task of significantly reducing the mass of the vehicle (it will not exceed 1.8 tons) will be achieved. As expected, in the basic configuration the car will be equipped with front-wheel drive, while the advanced versions are sure to get the 4x4 connection option.
Various electronic systems will also be installed on the cars, many of which are on the “brothers” (S90 and XC90). Among them:
- satellite navigation;
- partial autopilot function;
- collision avoidance system;
- numerous “assistants” for the driver;
- the ability to integrate multimedia with smartphones or portable gadgets.
Other powertrains, except the stated 4-cylinder gasoline, will not. To begin with, the crossover will receive two diesel and two petrol turbo engines:
- the first - with a return of 190 (D4) and 235 (D5) hp,
- the second - with a capacity of 254 (T5) and 320 (T6) hp The drive is exclusively complete, the gearbox is only an 8-range automatic.
Also in 2018, it will be possible to purchase an economical hybrid version of the model, presented in 2017 at the Geneva Motor Show.
"Charged" version of the crossover will get a hybrid installation, the totalpowerwhich will reach 400 "horses." A similar engine is now equipped with a model XC90 in the top configuration.
When should we expect a model in Russia?
Initially, the 2018 Volvo XC60 came on sale in European car dealerships (Germany, France, Italy). Today, Volvo XC60 2nd generation, adapted to the harsh Russian realities can already be purchased at car dealerships of the Russian Federation.
The cost of the machine in the minimum configuration is from2.5 million rublesHowever, for the money the potential owner gets a safe, stylish and unpretentious car in operation. The model will find its buyer, because the world-famous Swedish brand has repeatedly proved how its experts are able to create great cars in an acceptable price range. We hope the next attempt will not be an exception.